PDA

View Full Version : twist back to thumb wat parts are needed

stealth400ex
10-11-2004, 07:55 PM
i gettin a 400ex with a twist throttle and want to now wat parts are needed to go back to thumb. i was told ineeded to buy an aftermarket one to go back with cost 120 plus 15 for the cable.
i just need a thumb throtlle assembly that attaches to the bars and a thumb cable right. help me out if you done it before or now what i should do

10-11-2004, 08:11 PM
dude i just sold mine on ebay a few hours ago and it was used very little i think it went for $28. too bad

stealth400ex
10-12-2004, 01:34 PM
bump

AAAirbooorn
10-12-2004, 04:31 PM
I'll sell you mine. I went to the twist.Maybe we can trade.What you got for a twist?

Mines in like new condition with all the housings.Cables good. Used less than a year.

stealth400ex
10-12-2004, 08:09 PM
i will trade you i am pretty sure its mtion pro but i will double check when i go pick it up

when you switched were there a lot of parts involved with changin. i don't want to get it and thennot now what to put on. it is just the throttle body and cable you had to switch right

AAAirbooorn
10-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by stealth400ex
i will trade you i am pretty sure its mtion pro but i will double check when i go pick it up

when you switched were there a lot of parts involved with changin. i don't want to get it and thennot now what to put on. it is just the throttle body and cable you had to switch right

Dude! Have some confidence in your mechanical ability!!
I can guide you thru the setup when the time comes. It's pretty simple.Get your hands on a repair manual.

stealth400ex
10-13-2004, 01:15 PM
yeah its not a problem i jsut don't want to be missing something whe i go out and ride. when can you send me the thrumb throttle i need before sunday. i get it sunday so if you sent it to me i will send the twist out that monday let me now asap

AAAirbooorn
10-13-2004, 04:11 PM
------Capitalism works this way:To buy something,you send payment(ie., the twist and cable assembly)and then someone sends you something in return.Walmart won't give you agallon of milk before you pay for it. Am I right? Got the picture?;)
-------I know it ain't easy to trust someone you don't know but that's how everyone does business on this site.No payment,no product.It's that simple.
------I have all the parts you'll need to get it running AND I'll show you how to do it.We can do it over the phone if you want.

stealth400ex
10-14-2004, 12:22 PM
thats cool i will send it out monday if you want to pm me your address and i will pm mine to. let me now i need those parts asap i will pay if you can ship them overnight whe i i send you the twist and cable. thanks corey

AAAirbooorn
10-14-2004, 02:48 PM
P.M.ed you with address

Tom