PDA

View Full Version : Need some new bars.

turboTony
10-11-2004, 07:17 PM
So I ate it pretty good yesterday.:rolleyes:
I hit a rock just right so it caught the edge on my PRM skidplate and launched the *** end up in the air and me over the bars. I got some nice bruising across my legs just above my knees. It's been a LONG time since I've had this wonderful feeling when standing up. :devil:
Anyway, I bent the throttle side of my bars a lil and need new ones. I don't want to spend a ton. I originally wanted to replace my stock bars with something a little higher and not quite as wide. I don't however want to replace the stem or clamp.
Any suggestions of what bar I can use thats a little higher but uses the stock mounting hardware? I hear good things about renthals but not sure which size I should get. Will a CR-HI bolt up ok?

I-7
10-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Yes the CR-Hi bars will bolt up fine. That is what we have an the 450. Renthals never bend either.. if you are looking for cheaper bars then I would go with msr perhaps

turboTony
10-11-2004, 08:27 PM
I was just looking through the Rocky Mountain catalog and they have the 250R bars listed as being about 3/4" higher than the 400ex bars.
Has anyone used renthals 250R bend bars on their 450R?

Thump_It
10-11-2004, 08:51 PM
If you want some cheap, but decent bars, I went with the MSR Dominator bars. I'm not sure what bend I have, fairly tall though, and they are less narrow than stock. I think I picked them up for around $37.

turboTony
10-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Thump_It
If you want some cheap, but decent bars, I went with the MSR Dominator bars. I'm not sure what bend I have, fairly tall though, and they are less narrow than stock. I think I picked them up for around $37.
Where did you get them? Those sound good since I'm kind of on a budget. I ordered the new White Bros. pro peg nerfs Fri night so my quad allowance is almost all used up for the month.
Of course if sweet talk the wife...:D

Thump_It
10-11-2004, 09:12 PM
I got them from Cycle Sports Eugene, Oregon. I'm not 100%, but you might be able to get them out of Rocky Mt. mag. Any dealer that has MSR product could get you them I imagine.

Southtown00
10-11-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Renthals never bend either..

Better your handle bars than your steering stem.;) IMO its best to create a few weak points on the bike so you dont mess up more expensive and important parts. For Example, you want a weaker front bumper so it bends before the frame does. Get comfortable handle bars but dont get super expensive ones. Just get something thats nice for medium price so you dont damage your steering stem which is much more work and money to replace.

turboTony
10-11-2004, 09:33 PM
^^^Yup. I found the MSR bars in the rocky mtn catalog and they have the aluminum ones for $33.99 and steel ones for $16.99 and after I thought about it, I decided to go with the aluminum because they'll flex before they bend where as the steel ones will be VERY stiff and I risk bending the steering stem AND the bars.
Thanks for the input guys.
Also the MSR Dominator ATV bend aluminum bars are 7 5/8" tall :eek2: And thats right around where I want to be.

Punk'd
10-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Yea man that sucks.. I fliped mine saturday and bent the throttle side a lil to:(

sntheticdeluson
10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
i went with the azonik for 2 reasons they only cost 60 bucks and they have a lifetime warrenty so i figured i couldnt go wrong no matter how cheap they are they will replace them for free

turboTony
10-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by sntheticdeluson
i went with the azonik for 2 reasons they only cost 60 bucks and they have a lifetime warrenty so i figured i couldnt go wrong no matter how cheap they are they will replace them for free

hmmm... *scratches head.
I still haven't bought bars yet so I guess I'll check prices on those too. Where did you find them for that price and what bend are you using?
Do you like the feel?

sntheticdeluson
10-12-2004, 07:00 PM
yes i like the feel im not positive what bend they are but they are the lowest they offer i got them from the local honda shop where i live so im sure you can find a better deal on them cause this shop is usually high as hell on everything