cliq20
10-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Anyone go? How'd it go?

cjpoole1
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
real dusty!

Johnny & Monica
10-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Is the cottonmouth going to be in the series this year ? That was the only one I made it to last year an it was fun except no hills an the bikes raced first an made deep rutts.But it was cool,I would like to go back this year.

jesshamner
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
I was there. Finished 5th in the B 16-24 class. I screwed up and hit a tree right at the end of the last lap. I think I lost a place or 2 because of it. It was a good track though. Real dusty. I was idling across the ridge b/c it was so dusty. I heard somone say they couldn't see their bumper b/c it was bad. I never really looked at my bumper but I know it was hard to see. I'm not sure but I think that this race took the place of the Cottonmouth. Wasn't the Cottonmouth just outside of Greenville last year? Round 1 was in White Plains which is just a few miles from Greenville.

markk
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
I made it to LINTON last year, and i would have to say That was the funnest Course i have ever ran, Not one single open feild!!!!! I wont make many, if any of them this year, But i got a schedual in the mail a few days ago here is that it says.

OCT.17 Sodbuster/New Hope Al.
OCT.31 143 Off Road/ Hurricane Mills TN.
NOV.14 Big Stripper/ Lynnville IN (bikes only)
DEC.5 Copperhead/Salem KY
DEC.19 Battle of Iuka/Iuke MS
JAN.9 Southest XC Shootout/ Maplesville AL
JAN.23 Lost Creek/Sparta TN
FEB.6 Pro Action/Croften KY
FEB.27 TMT/ Monteagle TN
MAR.20 Crossroads School/Linton KY
APR.10 Foxhollow/ Bucksnort TN
APR.24 Hazzard Hill/ Van Leer TN

I think that LYnnville should have quads too!!!:(

www.msws.org

dhines
10-12-2004, 07:31 AM
Yep, pretty dang dusty. I ended up hitting a tree so hard at the end of the first lap that it twisted the splines on my steering stem and for about a lap I had to keep my bars turned hard to the left in order to go straight. This really helped me get the upper hand on the many trees in the vicinity of the track and I was able to hit close to 90% of them for the next lap or so. They'll remember me next time!!! :macho

Fortunately :confused: I hit another tree mid way through the last lap that twisted my bars back close to straight and I was able to limp back to the finish line.

xc400ex
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Real dusty an to tight. I twisted my houser steering stem, destroyed my left lower a arm all on the first lap. At the riders meeting they were saying stay on the track dont be bulldozing, well its kinda hard not to when theres no possible way a quad can fit through some sections. At one point I was hitting trees 3rd gear in a wheelie just to get through. New Hope will be the same this weekend. Who alls goin to it?

dhines
10-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Assuming my new stem gets here in time, I'll be there. Instead of dusty and tight, this one looks to be muddy and tight. Wheee!

jesshamner
10-13-2004, 02:23 PM
I will only be there if I have Sunday off. Anyone going through Bowling Green Sunday morning? Maybe we could convoy.

cjpoole1
10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I'll be there. Don't forget that new hope also has that nice rock garden.