PDA

View Full Version : steering stem length

crashinmatt
04-12-2002, 07:30 PM
my question is what length of steering stem would be better, standard length or +1? i plan on getting a houser stem soon and was wondering. i am also going to get tag t-2 Cr-hi bend handlebars when i get the stem. anyone with any advise please respond.

04-13-2002, 08:24 AM
I think it's all a personal preference thing, but if I were you I'd go with the longer stem because the cr high bend are probably still shorter then 4-wheeler bars .. I find with dirtbike bars that they're too close to the tank, but like i said .. personal preference.
I say go longer stem

NJ300ex
04-13-2002, 09:18 AM
go with plus 1. With the lower dirtbike handlebars the plus 1 stem will bring you back to a little above or right at stock hieght. Having your bars higher will give you more leverage and you will be able to turn better and go through woops faster. It is mostly personal preference though and depends on how high you want your bars.

I will be going with a plus 2 stem and a large capacity gas tank when the time comes. Seeing you race mx i would say plus 1 would be sufficient for you.

mrusk
04-13-2002, 03:15 PM
On my R for mx i went with a +1 houser chrome stem and tag t2s crhi bend. I havnt tried it out yet but i heard when you go with a pro taper style bar you want a +1 stem.

matt

Dave400ex
04-13-2002, 10:49 PM
My Brother got a Standard Laeger Stem with Tag T-2 CR Low Bend. They seem to be Hign enough. I think the Anti-Vibe makes the Bars Higher. I`m not sure.