View Full Version : more problems with the ex

sam the brave
10-11-2004, 07:27 AM
well i just talked to the deaer and the balljoints are shot
piston rings are shot
bearings in spindles are shot and he thinks the valve seals are shot to

chucked
10-11-2004, 07:37 AM
sounds like either hes tryin to steal some money from you, or you ran the living piss outta that 400.

sam the brave
10-11-2004, 07:39 AM
well the axel hub is lose
the front tires wobble a bit
and the rim hits the a arm on one side when u turn

Aceman
10-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Don't you know when you see problems like these you're supposed to stop and fix them, not keep riding. And there is no way you wouldn't notice a front wheel wobbling considering your looking at the thing while your riding. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. <----You need that. It wouldn't hurt to jack your quad up every once in a while and see if there is any slop in your bearings. Like now, instead of just replacing front wheel bearings you have more parts to replace because you let the problem go. I have a feeling your going to spend a lot on your quad with your lack of maintenance.

sam the brave
10-11-2004, 08:04 AM
the owner of the dealer ship said he is fixing the engine for free but i need to replace the bearins and balljoints my self and i dont see the tire when i ride i got fenders there
but i just thought it was a bent rim cus i did bend mine not to long ago

Rico
10-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. <----You need that.

I agree

You've got more problems with your 04 than I've had with my 01...:huh

theTman
10-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I agree

same here....my only problem was i needed brake pads:huh

you either suck at riding or you are BSing all of us

plus....why did you make a new thread when u already have one going on with your problems:rolleyes:

DEAL
10-11-2004, 11:49 AM
You've had it like .. a month or two?
I've had no major problems with my 01 and I run the piss out of it.
I don't believe it.

chucked
10-11-2004, 12:14 PM
i weigh 220, for the first year i had my bike I rode it every day for at least 2 hrs, weekends i would ride sun up to sun down, this is on the most rocky, unforgiving land to. I also rode wheelies like crazy and jumped and everything, ive replaced the bottom bushings in the front shocks, and 2 bushings in the rear linkage, thats it.

K_Fulk
10-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I agree

Or my 2000, th3 first year i had mine I rode it aboout 20 hours a week and never had those problem. Took about a year for my axle bearings to be bad enough to get replaced. And there usually the first ones to go bad.

YFZ450Ridr
10-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Don't you know when you see problems like these you're supposed to stop and fix them, not keep riding. And there is no way you wouldn't notice a front wheel wobbling considering your looking at the thing while your riding. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE. <----You need that. It wouldn't hurt to jack your quad up every once in a while and see if there is any slop in your bearings. Like now, instead of just replacing front wheel bearings you have more parts to replace because you let the problem go. I have a feeling your going to spend a lot on your quad with your lack of maintenance.

i look over mine after every ride and there isnt even much to do on it. just make sure its in good condition.

Martin Blair
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
if you dont do any mantinece at all, oil change, especially after break in, or anything you dont deserve that damn bike, and should be shot for neglecting it.

I havent had any problems with my 02 ex and i race it in xc, hit trees, flodded it with water, all kindas of crap, not one problem.

Guy400
10-11-2004, 07:07 PM
sam the brave, didn't you destroy your Warrior too?

As the others have said, preventative maintenance is a good thing to practice.

brian-250
10-11-2004, 07:30 PM
you gotta really REALLY suck at riding or just run that thing on the rev limiter in 1st all the time.:huh

hell my 400 has 4 years or hard *** riding racing on it, 1 shorted battery and 1 bent tie rod, all fixed before it moved, you gotta take care of that 400 man.:grr:

Cody_300ex
10-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Hell my 1996 300ex just had its first top end job last june!! And it was only smoking on start up! Never replaced the wheel bearings, or ball joints eathier!

hondarider2006
10-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by sam the brave
well i just talked to the deaer and the balljoints are shot
piston rings are shot
bearings in spindles are shot and he thinks the valve seals are shot to

Sounds like you don't diserve a quad to me:grr: