PDA

View Full Version : kansas ride anyone???

yamahonda
10-11-2004, 01:51 AM
well i recently got my yamahonda and looking for a good ride so anyone up for a ride at milford lake or finger lakes ???? sometime within the next 2 weekends???? lets try to get bunch of ppl going!!!!!

tdsongster
10-12-2004, 06:24 PM
I have been to milford once with some friends. The hills there are the BEST riding I have ever done! I am going to the nebraska jamboree this weekend so won't be able to attend but please pm for any future trips!

Thanks

5valves
10-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Millford sounds like a plan. There is lots of good riding there.
I havent been there since I got the YFZ, but I have been many times on the bikes.
I will check, but I think forward motion is having a race there soon. That would not be a good time to go, they usually shut down one side on race day.
If you ride bikes this is a great race.
We are going to the dunes In OK on the 22nd so millford might be 3 or four weeks out for me.
drop me a pm and let me know when.

4Hundy2001
10-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey Guys,
I think me and a buddy are going to head down this weekend. If any of you guys are interested in going let me know. Tim if you want to go again let me know it should be a good time as long as the weather stays nice.

Hope to see some of you down there.

tdsongster
10-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh man, I am starting restoration on my '66 Stang this weekend. That and I got a set of hipers with Holeshot HD(s) and don't want to tear them up just yet. I will prob be riding veteran's bridge Sat morning for a couple of hours if anyone is interested.

Take care

Thanks again for the invite!!!

Tim

4Hundy2001
10-20-2004, 09:15 AM
Tim,
Just put the factory tires back on and come down and Ride. Have you even been down yet this year? I have made it twice, but I want to get down there one more time before it gets cold.

I looked and the hare scrambles are on Nov 14.

tdsongster
10-20-2004, 04:28 PM
I would really like to, milford is some great riding but I already scheduled a guy to give me price quotes on restoring my Mustang on Sat. afternoon. Did you make the Jamboree last week, that was very cool, lots of trail riding and drag racing. Where are the hare scrambles supposed to be at next month?

later

Tim

maynard22
11-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I am up in wichita quite a bit and I did not know there was anywhere to ride in Kansas, what kind of riding does Milford Lake offer, and where is this Finger Lakes you are talking about?

4Hundy2001
11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
School Creek ORV offers some of Kansas's most Dynamic riding. There is everything from rocks, to sand, to water, to tight trails, and giant hills.

Its 287 acres of mostly trail riding. There is an area to drag race on the beach when the water is low. One half is mostly small tight trails over hills and rocks. This half is really rocky.

The other half is more clay and dirt (very dusty). There are some very challenging hills even for the most experienced rider. There is some hills I would even think about going up.

The whole area is right along the lake. The best part is how nice the people down there are. Everyone is more than will to chat and help you out when you get stuck or wreck. I is a great place to be this time of year. The view is great with all the leaves changing on the trees.

It is on federal ground so the only rules are 10 MPH in the parking lot and everyone must wear eye protection.

4Hundy

maynard22
11-02-2004, 03:46 PM
and this is outside of fort riley? does it cost anything to ride there?

yamahonda
11-02-2004, 04:21 PM
milford lake is an awesome place to ride and yes it out by fort riley..... finder lakes is in columbia ,mo it has all types of terrain too and a mx track....my vote thou is milford #1 finger lakes a close 2nd...althou i have not been to milford in few yrs seems like....

yamahonda
11-02-2004, 04:22 PM
ohh and last time i was at milford it was free... may be diff now thou

5valves
11-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Its an ORV riding area owned bye the state, and is free.

4Hundy2001
11-02-2004, 06:02 PM
I was down there 2 weeks ago. It was a blast. It is free and because it is owned by the government there is almost no rules. You can drink, ride after dark, ride with no helmet. Like I said before it is really cool, Like no place I have ever rode before.

Let me know if you guys are going to go down some time. I'll be there.

SCOTTS450R
11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Aaaggghhhh... the good old memories of Milford lake. Back in the early 80's I rode there 6 times a year. I rode a YZ80, KX80, and KX 125 there and loved everytime I went there. Back then we had a hill called "Big Red". 100 ft high and top 12-15 were straight up. At 13 years old I thought I was riding to heaven! Lots of good memories of Milford lake. I live in Cali. now and still making memories. Anyone from the Andover/ Wichita area on here that graduated in '87? L8R!

Scott

maynard22
11-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Graduated from Andover in 1995.

SCOTTS450R
11-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Andover '87.