PDA

View Full Version : tires????

quadboy44
10-10-2004, 10:26 PM
i just got a brand new 400ex and i want to know what are some good tires for trail riding and good traction but i dont wont like blackwater mud dogs or anything like that i wont a good tire that is good for trail for a sport quad???

LazeR
10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I've heard you can't really beat maxxis razr II's. i think thats what im going with when i decide to get new tires

sam the brave
10-11-2004, 06:56 AM
yup razr 2s are the best i got them on mine and they perfect

cdalejef
10-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Describe the terrain that you ride on. Others suggested Razor 2's, they are great for soft terrain but are not suited well for hard pack.

sickmojave
10-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Describe the terrain that you ride on. Others suggested Razor 2's, they are great for soft terrain but are not suited well for hard pack.

I ride on hardpack and rocks and would like to know what is the toughest tire made for a sport quad. I wanted Bandits but heard they stopped making them. is there a tire that compares to them? or maybe better?:confused:

cdalejef
10-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Bandits aren't very good either. There are 3 tires that will work great in the terrain you describe and are very durable:

Kenda Klaws
ITP Holeshot XC
Razor 1

sickmojave
10-11-2004, 08:13 AM
I had the Holeshots and they wore out way to quick for me. so I think I may give the klaws a try. Thanks ;)

craftyex
10-11-2004, 02:21 PM
i would go with razor 1, work great for me. i mostly ride hard packed trails.

MadMax27
10-12-2004, 09:07 PM
I ride on sometimes rocky, very muddy, (hence the new Warn 1.5ci winch Im gettin ASAP) rough trails, I had Holeshots, they were good, but they suck next to my new Razr 2's for a 6 ply tyre, with Douglass .160 rims 20x11x9 they weigh maybe a pound heavier than the stockers. Its a hard tyre, kinda stiff for fire roads, but I can do donuts on a cinder track with these if I want, or if I want theyll hook up and throw me off a 1 wheel wheelie.:D

RedRider55
11-24-2004, 08:14 AM
they stopped making the bandits?!? Man i have them on my 400 and i love them. i have the razr 2s on the 300 and they won't take the mud as well as the bandits. i've seen places on the internet that u can still buy them, but i don't remember where.

Destructo
11-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Who makes the bandits? I have Bandit XCs on the front, and it says Pure Sport, is that who makes them? They seem to work pretty good on the front. I ride a lot of hard pack trails and sometimes it might get muddy and they seem to have a hard compound so I get longer tread life.

My Maxxis Razrs on the rear are a little beat, 2 plugs in one tire, I think i'm going to pull that tire and put patches in cause the holes are a little too big for the plugs. Or i'll just pickup a new set of tires.

djr
11-24-2004, 09:38 PM
In know the Maxxis Razr II's are a hot tire but I just bought a full set of Razrs (6Ply Rear / 4 Ply Fronts) for $168 at Tread Depot.
http://www.treadepot.com/td.c/orders/index.html

Shipping was $50 but this is still a great deal.

Destructo
11-24-2004, 09:56 PM
My Razrs seem to hook pretty good even on hard packed surfaces, sometimes it feels like on the dirt we have down here in NC sometimes they don't want to hook up very well, they don't seem like they bite into the soft stuff and well, some the the dirt on my trails is somewhat hard but with some rain can be very slick and thats when they don't seem to hook as well when the soil is damp.

wheeltrax
11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Id try the klaws.. I am running them currently, and they seem to be great in any condition, and you can flip them for hard and soft pack.. which makes them more versitile also.. I like them. I also run the Razrs and i love them as well, my razrs slide better when i want to, sometimes i think my klaws "overgrip"

Destructo
11-24-2004, 10:21 PM
yeah, my razrs will slide pretty easily, but sometimes I think a little too easily.