PDA

View Full Version : stage 1 hotcam 400ex

eric400ex
10-10-2004, 08:40 PM
what do you guys think about the stage 1 hotcam? those of you that have one did you notice a good power increase when you installed it? also, do they require a new decompresor to be installed on it or does it come with one already pressed on?

mojoe2878
10-10-2004, 09:43 PM
last time i installed one i dont remember it having a decompressor on it. dont know how much the power gain is with just the cam because i went with a big bore 440 at the same time.all i can tell you is it chit's and gets after the cam and 11:1 440 , but i also have a lot of other parts on it and run 104 race gas.

400exr
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
I just installed it on my stock bore 400, and it gave a real nice increase from mid to top. I don't think I gained any on the bottom end, but then again it is on a stock bore motor, you gain more power from the cam with a high compression piston. Installation was pretty easy and straight forward, just make sure you take out the decomresser and plunger. I tried it out against a stock 400 with a Big Gun exhaust, and I stayed ahead of him from begining to end. I beat him by about 5-6 bike lengths.