PDA

View Full Version : 250x/300ex carb

mustang
10-10-2004, 06:32 PM
1. is the 300ex carb the same as the 250x?

2. does this carb have an accelerator pump?

I have had nothing but problems with the stock choke setup sticking full open on my Honda rancher. I have rebuilt it several times and am fed up :mad: :mad: I am thinking of scrapping the carb for a 300ex carb with the lever type choke. any opinions and or advice is apreciated... but please dont forget my 2 questions

efilnicafesin
10-10-2004, 08:17 PM
my 250x carb has a lever choke .....:confused:

mustang
10-10-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by mustang
1. is the 300ex carb the same as the 250x?

2. does this carb have an accelerator pump?

I have had nothing but problems with the stock choke setup sticking full open on my Honda rancher. I have rebuilt it several times and am fed up :mad: :mad: I am thinking of scrapping the carb for a 300ex carb with the lever type choke. any opinions and or advice is apreciated... but please dont forget my 2 questions

Originally posted by efilnicafesin
my 250x carb has a lever choke .....

TheX1992
10-10-2004, 09:35 PM
I do believe the carb is the same. And from what I was told the carb DOES have the accelerator pump.

mojoe2878
10-10-2004, 09:58 PM
if you have the carb then look on the bottom around the float bowl and see if there is an accelerator pump cover on it, if there is then its got one. other than that it should work, you will more than likely need to rejet it for the 300.

i had the same problem with my choke on my kodiak 400. i finally got tired of messin with it so i took a small bolt that was just big enough around and long enough to fit inside where the choke cable goes into the side of the carb to close the choke valve all the way and screwed the choke cable fitting back on to hold it in place. works good now , the choke cant stick open anymore because it cant open with the bolt in between the cable screw and the choke needle. only problem is you want have a choke when its cold, i just crank mine and warm it up with the throttle and its fine.

mustang
10-11-2004, 07:53 AM
thats the problem the rancher is so cold bloded it wont stant with out the choke, and the fact that it has no accelerator pump makes cold stating even worse.
thanks for the info. Time to locate a cheap carb