PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good gusset kit, that includes everything you need?

sparky450AR
10-10-2004, 11:19 AM
I've seen walsh's kit, but by the look of the picture....it doesnt include the top motor mount gussets. Who else provides kits?

Thanks

Jersey450R
10-10-2004, 11:54 AM
search

sparky450AR
10-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
search

In forums, you should supply information.

jeepnrocks
10-11-2004, 04:58 AM
haha be nice, i try the search thing all the time and its not very good
also if you need to look for something like hmf, lrd, ims, tag, xgx, ect because it wont even do searches less than 4 letters.
The only kit i have seen is the walsh and it looks pretty good but im sure there is better and worse out there right now

Jersey450R
10-11-2004, 06:04 AM
there is alot of info on gusset kits in here, thats why i said search. Jeep always puts good posts up so i wasnt trying to knock him or anything. :confused:

sparky450AR
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
there is alot of info on gusset kits in here, thats why i said search. Jeep always puts good posts up so i wasnt trying to knock him or anything. :confused:

I had searched, thats why I asked about a specific piece....the top motor mount. There wasnt anything on this forum about specific pieces that kits came with. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

Bad Ass TA WS6
10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
http://www.wrcracing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=50

There you go buddy, with all this do a search stuff, someone could have just as easily posted a link in 2 seconds.

The Walsh kit would be my choice....but you really should do a search on this to get into it more. It's all been discussed, but Walsh is at least a start;)

sparky450AR
10-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Bad *** TA WS6
http://www.wrcracing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=50

There you go buddy, with all this do a search stuff, someone could have just as easily posted a link in 2 seconds.

The Walsh kit would be my choice....but you really should do a search on this to get into it more. It's all been discussed, but Walsh is at least a start;)

Thanks for the link, but as I stated before....i've already seen the walsh kit!

With all of the frames cracking at the top frame mount, I was hoping someone made a kit with a gusset for that stress area. I know a few people have made there own, I may resort to this, if I cant find a gusset kit.

I will probably end up buying the walsh kit, i've been on there site numerous times, and have looked at it. BUT if i find another kit with the top motor mount gusset, I will probably go for it. Hope everything is clear!

quadjeff
10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Hey sparky,

I just had holz do mine and he has a killer gusset system for teh motor mount issue on both sides. Send me your e-mail and I will send you pics of that area, steering stem, etc.. It is killer. He welded and gusseted and powder coated my frame for $400

sparky450AR
10-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
Hey sparky,

I just had holz do mine and he has a killer gusset system for teh motor mount issue on both sides. Send me your e-mail and I will send you pics of that area, steering stem, etc.. It is killer. He welded and gusseted and powder coated my frame for $400

Awesome, this is what I was looking for. I didnt even think of holz.

MV@insightbb.com

thanks

speedfreaksguy
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Please post the pics here. I am also looking for a kit to fix my frame over the winter.

ThumPIN_450R
10-14-2004, 03:21 PM
I made mine for the upper motor mount and jeff you need to race at horn rapids some time soon so I can check that kit out

dn1911
10-14-2004, 03:52 PM
hey sparky Pro-Tect in Greenfield IN does fram gusseting you might go talk to him. since it would be inperson you can explain you concern for certain areas and have them addressed directly in addition to the areas he might know of also.

sparky450AR
10-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
Hey sparky,

I e-mailed holz and they wont admit to gussetting any frames...lol.

Ill check my e-mail for those pictures tonight. thanks

sparky450AR
10-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by dn1911
hey sparky Pro-Tect in Greenfield IN does fram gusseting you might go talk to him. since it would be inperson you can explain you concern for certain areas and have them addressed directly in addition to the areas he might know of also.

I might consider this too.....if i cant find a kit. See I dont want to send my frame in anywhere because my uncle owns a welding shop....so buying a kit would be the only way to go.

440's necessary
10-17-2004, 09:54 AM
I gussett frames, blast, and powdercoat. I have a solution for the top mount issues. I wrapped 1/4" steel tight around problem areas 3/4 of the way around and tig welded the outer perimeter.
I hit it with the primer and I was ridin'. I will post pics when I tear mine down.
I would do it for $500.00 including return shipping of your frame, pick your color.
I am in Green Bay, WI.

sparky450AR
10-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 440's necessary
I gussett frames, blast, and powdercoat. I have a solution for the top mount issues. I wrapped 1/4" steel tight around problem areas 3/4 of the way around and tig welded the outer perimeter.
I hit it with the primer and I was ridin'. I will post pics when I tear mine down.
I would do it for $500.00 including return shipping of your frame, pick your color.
I am in Green Bay, WI.

Is there any way you would sell me a kit that you put together......the same you put on your bike would be ok.

If not, please post pics!