PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Martinsburg.....anywhere to ride up there?

Allen
10-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Looks like my job is transferring me to Martinsburg WV and I was wondering if there is anywhere good to ride around there, also dont know much about the area and any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pappy
10-10-2004, 07:33 AM
tomohawk mx

and a few trails in cherry run.

there are tons of quads around and finding riding areas isnt hard to do.

decent area, and gets better in the city once the jamacians go the hell home after apple harvest is over

Allen
10-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah I have heard some nasty stories on the harvest crowd, how about good places to live. I have a little girl and I dont really know where would be a good place to live and her to go to school. I work for the Power Company and most of the guys I talk to tell me where not to live.....

Pappy
10-10-2004, 10:49 AM
i live about 20 minutes from the "city"...west of martinsburg half way to berkely springs. the area out here is awesome. people still know how to leave others the heck alone yet remain neighborly.

if your intent is to buy a home then i would look in this area or south of town towards glengary. renting is hard to do unless you stay near the city. home prices are up over the last year but still reasonable.

dont worry much about the apple pickers...most of them know thier place and a well aimed 45 in thier direction usually sends them running for the hills. i know thats not politically correct but we take care of ourselves round here.

Allen
10-10-2004, 11:11 AM
thanks for the reply....I am taking the "BOSS" up there in a few weeks to look for some places to live and we didnt even know where to start

YLW400
10-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Where Pappy said is good areas.. I lived there for 20 years. The Inwood area isn't bad either..I am just partial to Musselman High School because that is where I went. Glengary, Gerrardstown..They are all decent areas..I personally would not live in Martinsburg if I had too...