PDA

View Full Version : Youth ATV racing in the GNCC

Arctic Cat Dad
10-09-2004, 05:56 PM
The GNCC series is going to try something new for the Ironman race in Indiana. They will have 70 production (6-11), 90 Limited (8-15)and 90 production (8-15). But this will only be a test to see how many will show up. So all you youth XC Dads need to show up. If they have a good enough showing they will have a youth series in the 05 season. Hope to see everyone there. I would like to meet everyone. Michael is rider #838 on a lime green Arctic cat. Come on over and say hi, we like to meet new racing familys.Michael has made alot of new racing Buddies.Now I have only 2 weeks to build a 70 cc quad. Go to the GNCC web site.Pappy hope you will show up,We haven't talked in a while.

Pappy
10-09-2004, 06:04 PM
we will be there!

i doubt ill change the 50 to a 70 but ryan may be there. cody is riding for hour stretches in anticipation of a full hour race!

finally!

Arctic Cat Dad
10-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I just droped the bomb on the wife.I asked her for about $700 for a new 70 head and and a Hetrick exhust. Well now I need the money for a new roof because she went thru it.I wonder how he would do on his 50. Would you take him if you were me.I hate to hurt his feelings. He's so use to winning, I wouldn't expect him to do so good on his 50, but i Feel he would give them a run for their money on a wicked 70.I just might take him anyway.

Pappy
10-09-2004, 07:27 PM
i think he will do fine on the 50. i dont expect a really hard course but proably open and safe. the biggest thing will be if they actually run an hour. alot of series only run 30 minutes so be prepared for that.

as much b!tcin as ive done about no youth riders in the gncc, my wife didnt hit the roof so im good there:p

mcatvme
10-09-2004, 08:02 PM
District 6 rider Austin Findley #10 will be making the trip from New Providence,Pa. Cant wait to meet eveyone. Hope they let the boys run for a hour at least. Any one help me with direction to the track? When do we sign up,Friday or Saterday morning? Cya Eric

Pappy
10-09-2004, 09:01 PM
with a starting time of 8:30 am ...dont be late:p

Arctic Cat Dad
10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Pappy, I think he would run just fine. What he lacks in the quad he should make it up with skill.Plus once he sees the older boys on the 90's ahead of him he will run twice as hard to keep up with them. She wants him to race there. It's just all the money for mods plus all the expenses to get there and back all in 2 weeks!We will see you all there. Heck give them a chance and just see what happens.

Pappy
10-09-2004, 09:15 PM
i agree...i think he will do just fine.

yes, 2 weeks was a bit short notice. we were actually scheduled to tear cody's race bike down this weekend:eek: if it wasnt for jeff at the quadshop and rico posting me the gncc link i would be in a pickle:p

Arctic Cat Dad
10-12-2004, 05:17 PM
I ordered all the goodies from Hetrick today! Hope this will get him towards the front. 70 cc Kit,Hetrick pipe and clutch package and new 19"front Douglas alum. wheels and holeshots and 18" alum. wheels and Snowhogs.

Lil - Braff
10-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Now don't yall just be talking about the "little BOYS" racing. I'll prolly be there racing on an artic cat 90 (I think). It's all stock so this should be interesting. I'm not gonna be the only girl racing either! Marty's daughter is going to be on her 90 too. Probably see yall on the line!

Pappy
10-12-2004, 08:24 PM
cam and higher compression piston will be installed before the race to give cody a bit more growl.

Johnny & Monica
10-14-2004, 07:56 AM
My 11 year old daughter Taylor and my 8 year old son Chance will both be there. They're both hoping that they'll get their pic in a magazine no matter how they finish.:D They both raced in the IATVHSS this year. Chance took 2nd in the series, Taylor took 3rd(lots of bad luck) with Bradley Burrows taking 1st and winning 6 of 7 events.:D I wish Bradley could be there to show his little pro *** off but big brother is getting ready for the 12 hour race so all the kids just moved up one place.:D

Pappy
10-14-2004, 07:57 AM
im bringing a spare 90 just incase anyone has need for one

Johnny & Monica
10-14-2004, 08:12 AM
Bundle your kids up, I just checked the forecast and they are calling for rain Friday with a low Saturday of 38 and high 63.With an 8:30 start it'll be a little chilly.:eek2:

Arctic Cat Dad
10-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to meet some of you folks. Were # 838 in the 70 class. Come on over and say hi. We would like to meet everyone. Just put on a whole bunch of new goodies today. Man this thing seems to ROCK now.:D

Pappy
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Show this to micheal....i bet he smiles:D

Arctic Cat Dad
10-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks Pappy, Michael really got a big smile out of it. I put it up as a wallpaper on my computer screen. That is really cool. Can't wait till this weekend. I just have some jetting to get ironed out. Man this machine flat out flys. He said it's faster then his Polini bike. It will pull wheelies on the dirt road. And throw rooster tails in the dirt!I would have never thought that just a 70 head and a Hetrick power up kit would make such a big difference.

P.S What about piting. He used about 2 inches of gas out of a 1.3 gallon tank in a 20 min race on his 50. Do you think a tank will last a full hr on a modded 70? This has got me puzzled!

thunderisland
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Hello everyone I have 2 boys that ride 90cc Dinli Diamondbacks not sure both are coming but my oldest is for sure.He is really looking forward to it along with his father.He has never raced in a national ,so he doesn't know what to expect, but the experience will be wonderful.Top 10 would be awesome but just being there will be great.Can we get a ama # there, we have ran only outlaw tracks so far?Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Pappy
10-19-2004, 07:28 AM
yes, ama or atva memberships can be purchased at the track.

on the fuel issue. we have been running for an hour on the stock kasea with no fuel trouble, and the same with the honda 90.

blitzkrieg05
10-21-2004, 10:25 AM
I will be at the ironman this weekend...can't wait..