PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Dunes on April 27th

Deathbringer
04-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Hey all I will be making a run to the dunes on the 27th and 28th of this month.. Should be staying at the KOA near Horsefal, right by the military guy. We will be riding at Horsefal, Winchester, Spinreel, and Boxcar..
Anyone from this forum that would like to meet, please let me know and we can try and hookup..
Oh yeah we know you wanna meet the Deathman...ha :devil

Or if you are going and would like someone to ride with me and my brother in law will be there and are not the kind that have pissing matches..so no worry..

brokenbones
04-13-2002, 10:40 AM
we will be down at honeyman that weekend thats the last weekend you can ride from there so we allways go for the full hookups there will be about 10 or 15 of us any thing from old Rs to brand new ds 650 and the old guys i go with will race up comp hill just for fun

brokenbones
new baby at home and the toys are still in the garage

Deathbringer
04-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Where is honeyman out?? Anyway we will be there and we ride two yellow honda 400ex's... We wear all Oneal gear, blue and yellow, and my brother in law wears, grey and black..

Would love to watch you take on Attitude hill... let me know.

twisted threads
04-14-2002, 12:20 AM
honeyman's is in florence. Have fun at the dunes deathbringer can't make it to Coos Bay but I mite go to SandLakes for the day.

rc3
04-14-2002, 09:37 PM
Well that is my 21st b-day weekend, so I might get a group of friends and family to go down there. I will let you know. Also feel free to check out my Oregon Dunes User Group. We will discuss riding trips to the dunes. Come check it out. It is free to join, the site is
Oregon Sand Dunes User Group (http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/oregonsanddunes)

Chef
04-14-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Deathbringer

Would love to watch you take on Attitude hill... let me know.

Is your Attitude Hill in Coos Bay or Winchester? We named a hill in winchester bay Attitude Hill...no, its not the hill that you can see from the road, its a little taller than that one I think, with lots of turns and ruts...its off of the finger that you can see the lake from.

Wouldn't it be funny if I showed up with a banshee at the exriders ride?

Deathbringer
04-14-2002, 09:48 PM
I am talking about the big big one at winchester... here is a pic off the top of it

http://webpages.charter.net/400ex/MVC-002F1.JPG

twisted threads
04-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Attitude Hill is fun to clime but the hill that Alky is talking about is nuts!! I have pictures of that hill but no way to scan them. My buds were going up it on there R's but I didn't have the guts to try it with a stock swingarm.

Chef
04-15-2002, 12:36 AM
The hill that Deathbringer showed a pic of is alright..it used to be tough, now its just a trail to get on that finger quicker...you shift up on that hill, its not that tough...

I'm glad that someone finally knows what hill I'm talking about....You can go up with a stock swingarm, My best friend that rides has a 416 that makes about 40 horsepower and he goes up it on a stock swingarm all the time...Of course he has to get off the throttle in those little bumps just out of the trees...I guess the +2 really did help, I could hold it full throttle and just carry the fronts about 3 inches off the sand...I love that feeling...

Deathbringer
04-15-2002, 12:44 AM
Crap man post a pic so I can see what you are talking about...i want to see what I need to climb :)

twisted threads
04-15-2002, 03:11 PM
The next time im there I will try it. I was a newbe to the dunes last time I was at Winchester Bay, I have lots more time in the sand since then. If you go down to the trail below and turn around I know I could have made it. There are some hill in Idaho that make hills around here look small but the hills around here are just as fun because you don't get runs on them like most of them in Idaho.

Yeah I know exactly were you are at because if you looking at the lake the hill is down and to the right of you.

Chef
04-15-2002, 04:41 PM
I'm not totally sure you could make it on just a piped 400...there were piped raptors not makin it..

Troy86250r
04-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Hey deathbringer. I just got back from the oregon dunes on sunday, and we went to winchester and I climbed that hill. My friend on a stock 400ex couldnt make it though, but I made it no problem on my piped 250r.

Deathbringer
04-15-2002, 05:27 PM
You wanna know whats weird.... I have made it up hills following right behind, and had to ride around past stuck Raptors..so not always is it the power of the machine...look at Banshees. There was a day that we sat and watched 3 banshees trying to make it up Attitude hill at Winchester and they never made it... then me and my brother in law both made it up on the first try... then along comes another Banshee..piped..tricked out and according to the mans kid had $6000 worth of mods on it.. and he didn't make it until his 7th attempt... Whats the moral of the story, who the **** knows.. :) But I find it funny that this little underpowered, wimpy, can't keep up with the big boys bike...seems to make hill climbs that others fail on..

Just my two cents

The day this all happened was the day we took the pic I posted.

rc3
04-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Well a bike with lots of power is no good with all the rich mamas boys that are riding all these fast bikes. You have to have a good rider to do anything.

Chef
04-15-2002, 10:15 PM
Yea, it is alot rider, but in the dunes you NEED horsepower, no matter what people say. You arent going to have much fun out there on a trx90 compared to a banshee are ya?

Deathbringer
04-16-2002, 12:38 AM
Ha.....well in that case I gotta say yes... hehe.. I used to try those hills on my 250X and no way in ****... even if I helped push it up the hill it would make it... :D

twisted threads
04-16-2002, 03:06 PM
Alky your right on a piped 400ex not being able to make that hill By the lake but when I go to the dunes I ride my 250r almost always and I know my R could make it. And my 250r ate Attitude hill up and I also seen 2 400ex's and a hand full of Banshees not make that hill but I haven't seen any Raptors try it, the Raptors were just come out when I was down there last. Alky you are right it is almost all rider when it comes to any riding but having a big time hourse power helps alot in the dunes. My bud has a 350 powervalve R and that thing is so much fun to ride because it has all the power you need to go up Any Thing.

Chef
04-16-2002, 05:08 PM
When I was there last time, I could take our raptor up it everytime, WITHOUT paddles..thats how much that hill has gone down from being hard..

twisted threads
04-17-2002, 04:05 AM
yeah my friend was there 3 weeks ago and he took his 400ex right up it with no problems at all he said. Still a fun hill to clime though.

Deathbringer
04-17-2002, 09:18 AM
I enjoy hills that stop you or get you stuck and force you to do more work... it makes it a little more fun, and that is why I think we goto the dunes??

out4sand
04-26-2002, 12:31 PM
You gotta love it when you can pull out of hill that somebody you know has way more power and a ton more cashola sank into their quad then you, but can't make the climb :D

http://www.out4sand.com