PDA

View Full Version : Would you????

quadvirgin27
10-09-2004, 05:17 PM
OK.... I am thoroughly upset..... Some dillhole rode my quad, wrecked it, didn't tell me about it, and I don't find out till this afternoon... I questioned everyone that rode it and they all deny it was them..... I know it wasn't that way when I rode it last night... the last time I rode it, it was perfectly fine... I didn't ride it home, because I was a little intoxicated and with me not being confident enough on it yet, I had someone drive me home, and my own cousin drove home the quad... I sleep it off, wake up this morning to find my quad... wrecked... I know it wasn't my cousin, he would have told me, plus he said that something seemed off, but he knew the quad had been wrecked by the previous owner, and thought the steering stem was just that bad... I was like WTF!!!!!!! :huh It was bent a little, but not enough to wear I can't even freaking turn it to the right!!!!! The plastic is broken (front fender) the black part has popped through... the front fender broke at the mount, and put a hole in the plastic... so now I have to buy new plastic so I won't mess up my mounts, not to mention the new steering stem!!!!!!!! :mad: I know that I prolly shouldn't have been such a nice person and let people ride it, cause that's the chance I take, but these peeps have ridden it before, before I owned it, so I thought it was ok.... and to have them NOT tell me !!!!!! Please tell me that you would have done the right thing and told someone you wrecked their quad... cause I'm going riding Saturday, so now I have to get it fixed by this weekend, it has to be fixed before I can ride it... no questions asked... so a portion of this thread will be going in the "wanted" section... I think I'm going to cry :(

10-09-2004, 05:23 PM
new plastics & a new steering stem? it could be worse...cut your losses & dont let anyone ride it anymore unless you're with them

quadvirgin27
10-09-2004, 05:27 PM
I know it could be worse... but... it's still going to cost me around $400.00 to get it fixed... when I replace the front plastic.. I'll have to replace the back.. otherwise it'll look totally retarded.... I'm more than willing that whoever did it fix whatever they broke... cause I would have paid to replace the back anyway... cosmetically it's my problem not theirs... it still hurts though... and don't worry NO ONE will be riding this except me

Here's a link to some pics that I took of it... Above where the plastic broke there's a hole about the size of my pinkey.. I can't get that to turn out in the pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/mayflower1077

10-09-2004, 05:37 PM
that could easily be rigged up

devildriver422
10-09-2004, 05:43 PM
youre gonna buy new plastics for that? my 250 had 2 broken front mounts n i didnt replace them....just put an angle bracket and rivet it....and then all u gotta replace is the stem

quadvirgin27
10-09-2004, 05:52 PM
NO... see...... there is a HOLE through the plastic where it got ripped away from the mount... so not only is it broken at the mount... there's also about a half an inch hole in the top portion of the plastic... I have tried to take pictures of it also, but they won't turn out right... to much glare...

TRXRacer1
10-09-2004, 05:52 PM
I had my quad taken out and wrecked once after I passed out. I was pissed and I know what your saying. It may be just broke at the mounts but it sure the he!! wasn't broke there before. The steering sucks too. I got lucky, only one person could have taken it out and they did pay to get it fixed but only after I told them they were going to.

Dan229
10-09-2004, 05:56 PM
QV,

I'm very sorry to hear someone crashed your quad! Looks like you may need to chalk it up to experience and never let anyone ride your quad again with out you there.

It seems to me that a lot of people these days do not respect other peoples stuff... you may need to do a re-check on who your friends actually are too.

Good luck!

quadvirgin27
10-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Ohh I have a pretty dang good idea of who it was... two of the four would have said something to me, one being my cousin.. the other two... well one is a friend... a clueless little 19yr old punk none the less, yet I can still see him being afraid to tell me, plus he wouldn't hve the money to pay for it... the other is a guy I kinda know, and a pothead none the less... nothing against them... I know some pretty stand up ones, lmao... but I can see him not fessing up either.....

chucked
10-09-2004, 08:14 PM
hmm... I have a slightly used front plastic sittin around somewhere for a 400ex (if thats what you have)

I-7
10-09-2004, 08:33 PM
I guess you can just try to reason with whoever you think it was until you get an answer out :( . Ive learned to not let anyone ride my quad.... about 2 years ago someone took my quad without asking, went off a jump crooked parralel to a chain link fence and got caught up in the fence and hurt it fairly bad... bent the steering stem, bent 3 rims, bent a tie rod, cracked the plastics, bent the handlebars, cracked both perches, and trashed a tire. I was really pissed off and the kid that took it is horrible at riding and I hated him ever since 1st grade :rolleyes: . He was a little rich kid though so what can you do :grr:

quadvirgin27
10-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by chucked
hmm... I have a slightly used front plastic sittin around somewhere for a 400ex (if thats what you have)

yeah.......that's what I have an '01

blondie69
10-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Nice ppls always end up losing.

Hate it when stuff like that happens. Happened too much in my family, had many things of mine ruined or hurt really bad cuz I was nice n lent them to ppls, then they ruin it or whatever. Nothing nearly as costly as a quad mind u, but still my own possessions none the less. Also, my brother...lent out his truck, his "friends" ended up tottaling it, then wouldn't give him 1 red cent towards his new truck and was gonna sue HIM too. Also on the same truck before it was smashed 1 of his friends made the box nearly come off from drivin stupid like, and they've ruined many of his things too...

Some people are just idiots who don't care about other people's things that they've worked hard for. So just remember never let people ride it again, unless their close friends who know what their doing (and if not, would pay for any damages they did upon it), and your actually there supervising it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. And people may call u names if u don't let them use it, but too bad, their losses, you don't wanna end up having to spend money out of your own pockets for something you didn't even do to your quad. Sorry to hear that happened though.

bulkdriverlp
10-10-2004, 05:13 PM
well...if you knew you were gunna be drinking, and there were gunna be a bunch of drunk idiots there then why would you take ur pricious quad? when i was younger and went to a party i either drank on the hood of my car or rode with somebody else so my stuff wouldnt get messed with. youll learn

gratzracing24
10-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok i lost both of my fender brackets on my 300ex...the only thing holding my front fenders on are the gas tank cover...and it is zip tied to my bumper

Pungohboy
10-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Sorry to hear that they wont fess up to wrecking it. If you are looking to replace with stock parts try planethondaracing.com (http://planethondaracing.com) When I wrecked mine I had to replace the same stuff and i got it for around or under $300. if you get dirtwheels they usually have ads with the current prices (may be cheaper prices than online) they will honor those prices. Hope this is helpful.

sharkinthepool
10-12-2004, 05:18 AM
QuadVirgin,
Chalk it up as a loss and an experience. People think I am an A-hole because I wont let anyone ride my quad. It is close and personal and that is it, that sit on the seat of mine!

Sorry for the loss babe. Live and learn!:huh :grr: :eek:

dunnonuttin
10-12-2004, 05:38 PM
i woulda took the key unless you were really that wasted

310Rduner
10-12-2004, 05:46 PM
I didn't look at the pics, but just put a sticker over it if you can't afford new plastics right now.

EXtremeEXer50
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
have someone weld ur plastic my brother had wrecked my 400 and effed it all up took it to a guy who welded plastic and it the 2 inch crack in the front isnt even noticeable(to the naked eye)

Fat Possum
10-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Check your buddies for fresh bruises, scrapes, etc....when you find some bruises.......add some more.

Nausty
10-13-2004, 09:58 PM
don't really have any advice but I some how hope you get everything figured out. I hate seeing nice people getting taken advantage of!

If all else just think of the money going to education.

NEVER TRUST ANYONE!