PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale Speed front shocks?

jelliott
10-09-2004, 03:33 PM
would this be a good idea or not? i need new shocks for my 400ex cause they are leaking oil, i want to know if some speed front shocks would be good or not.. i mostly just ride around my house and hit jumps but nothing like a FMX ramp, i ride at a local track also.. i just want to know because they are on ebay for like 72$ a piece and that seems like a good deal. i dont want to pay 1000$ for elkas becuase i dont have that kind of money to spend right now.. thanks

YamaWarr0121
10-09-2004, 04:44 PM
yep i have seen them done before works well!

honda92
10-09-2004, 08:17 PM
i just put a set of cannondale speed olins on last night i rode them at the track today, hell of a nice upgrade. i think i have them on the softest setting and they did really well on the jumps. i was either gonna get those or some cheap work shocks but i got these at too good of a deal to pass up, and plus they are rebuildable which is nice.

cdalejef
10-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Keep in mind that the Dale shocks have less stroke which means you will loose some travel when mounting them on a Honda.

jelliott, Elkas start out at less than $500 a pair and are way better than the Dale Ohlins.

jelliott
10-11-2004, 02:34 PM
yes i realize elka is a much better company, BUT i do not have the money for that yet.. i can get the ohlins for 72$ a piece, or maybe even less i dunno.. i am only 16 so i am sure you know what i mean about the money problem but thanks for the suggestions tho

insaneracin2003
10-11-2004, 03:02 PM
i run Ohlins off of a c-dale speed and they work just fine if you dont jump anything tooooo big,or case a double(speaking from experience)but you do lose travel like jeff said....they are fine for me though.......

jelliott
10-11-2004, 03:14 PM
well what about just riding on places where like the biggest air that i could possibly get is like 10ft? but not all the time

insaneracin2003
10-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by jelliott
well what about just riding on places where like the biggest air that i could possibly get is like 10ft? but not all the time you should be fine,i actually like my ohlins....