PDA

View Full Version : got a new snake

tp300ex
10-08-2004, 06:25 PM
got a new snake to day its a red tail boa. I'll try to git some pics some time soon.

400ex28
10-08-2004, 06:30 PM
dude thats sweet :cool: :cool: :cool:

LTandRaptorider
10-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Uh oh... I remember the last time the topic of snakes came up... going to the kitchen for beer and pretzels now... :p

400ex28
10-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Uh oh... I remember the last time the topic of snakes came up... going to the kitchen for beer and pretzels now... :p

:eek:

Mxjunkie
10-08-2004, 07:04 PM

im gettin me some pop corn lol :macho

Moto92
10-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Ill swerve into oncoming traffic just to run over a snake.

47501exracer
10-08-2004, 07:13 PM
I just got a new pet flea today!

Mxjunkie
10-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by 47501exracer
I just got a new pet flea today!

i hear they r nice little critters! :blah:

JR3
10-08-2004, 07:50 PM
nice red tails are awesome i use to have two but now i jus have a pine snake a hognose and a ribbon and 2 breeding garders and i hope this doesnt turn out like the last thread about snakes me and pappy argued for like 6 pages anyway if u ever need help caring for it or questions about it hit me up my sn is lizard5353

bulkdriverlp
10-08-2004, 08:43 PM
ooohh if see pic of snake im headin for the hills man

but if you like it then cool

YFZ450Ridr
10-08-2004, 08:59 PM
in tennessee a black snack crawled up into my a-arms on a pee break on a trail and by the time i had hit second the thing was headin for my leg :p :p scared me half to death tho.

10-08-2004, 09:29 PM
today i was riding a bike and accidnetly ran over a snake:eek:

dpizz450
10-08-2004, 09:44 PM
his snake is so tight! its about 2 feet long. i will get a pic up of it tomorrow for him. (tp300ex) is my cousin and lives down the street from me.

SGA
10-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Ive owned several snakes and they tamed up nicely. They like to sit where its warm, on your arm or shoulder while you watch TV.

Some people are really scared of snakes. If you own a snake, respect that and dont scare them with one.
Once most people realize they are not cold and slimey and will die on the spot it they touch one, they get a kick out of holding it.
Some people take weeks before they will hold a snake.
Its worth it to me educate people about snakes so they will not be so scared of them.

Anyone that just kills a snake just because its a snake, I hate to see that. Thats why I try to teach people that snakes are needed in nature to control rodents.

SGA
10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Add on: Outside of zoos, I think its a bad idea for people to keep poisonous snakes in captivity unless they are professionals.

FourFiftyFour
10-08-2004, 09:50 PM
i have nightmares that snakes kill me and i really cant stand them...i wont get anywhere near them and i am deathly afraid of them, i about have a heart attack every single time i see one

Quad18star
10-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Ive owned several snakes and they tamed up nicely. They like to sit where its warm, on your arm or shoulder while you watch TV.

Some people are really scared of snakes. If you own a snake, respect that and dont scare them with one.
Once most people realize they are not cold and slimey and will die on the spot it they touch one, they get a kick out of holding it.
Its worth it to me educate people about snakes so they will not be so scared of them.

Anyone that just kills a snake just because its a snake, I hate to see that. Thats why I try to teach people that snakes are needed in nature to control rodents.

I used to work at a science center and had to deal with about 20 snakes per day .... which included feeding , cleaning out their exhibits and showing them off to people .

I know when I first started , I hated snaked with a passion ... i always thought they were slimmy and would bite ... in fact , they have the dryest skin out there . They'll twist and wrap themselves around you and it actually feels pretty cool on exposed skin .... the way they contract and retract their body to move around.

I ahd the opportunity to work with so many different kinds including rattlers . We accidently had a rattler get out of its exhibit one day and ahd to shut down the science center ( which is 6 floors and HUGE) to try and find the snake . We finally found him curled up near a heater . I'd say my favorite snake to deal with , is the Black Snake ..... truely a beautiful snake and very endangered . When I started training to handle animals .... everything from snakes , to beavers, to hawks , turtles , flying squirrels ... I chose the Black Snake cuz he was so awesome .

SGA
10-08-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
i have nightmares that snakes kill me and i really cant stand them...i wont get anywhere near them and i am deathly afraid of them, i about have a heart attack every single time i see one
Haha, its cool. About the only things I dont like to be around is centipedes. Cant stand them. Heres a pic of a snake off the net that is the same type and size that I used to take care of for a friend when he went out of town. It was a 18 foot reticulated python. Too dangerous to clean its cage by yourself because it was large enough to choke you. Two people always if its cage was opened. Actually, Sweet Sue was very gentle and never gave any trouble.

SGA
10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Pic 2

JOEX
10-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Haha, its cool. About the only things I dont like to be around is centipedes. Cant stand them. Heres a pic of a snake off the net that is the same type and size that I used to take care of for a friend when he went out of town. It was a 18 foot reticulated python. Too dangerous to feed by yourself. Two people always if its cage was opened. Actually, Sweet Sue was very gentle and never gave any trouble.
Two people...... are they that aggressive at feeding? I've always thought of them as being slow and stealthy predators.

Quad18star
10-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Heres the black snake I took care of .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p6aacc342182c4ed06e3309d0b7d1c3f7/f6b772a5.jpg

And what the heck ... heres the beaver and the hawk .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p6df72c246a6754d812e54003d6d87a20/f6f00762.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p951b04a76e8c221525bb1cbfd795f113/f6f0075f.jpg

SGA
10-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I'd say my favorite snake to deal with , is the Black Snake ..... truely a beautiful snake and very endangered .
Yeah, they are cool snakes and fast as a bullet.
I'd say my favorite north american snake to keep in captivity is a king snake. Very docile and easy going.
The meanest snake we ever caught is a black indigo. A big one, about 6 foot long. After two months, it still was flat out pissed all the time and bit you 20 times in 5 minutes. Usually they are docile snakes. We let it go.

SGA
10-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Two people...... are they that aggressive at feeding? I've always thought of them as being slow and stealthy predators.
Even though it was a docile snake, if it ever turned on you, it was big enough to wrap around you and constrict your air off. It was so heavy too, id say around 100- 125 pounds and incredibly strong.
Its really amazing just how strong these big constrictor snakes are. If they wrap around your arm or waist and get scared or feel they might fall, its next to impossible to pull them off. I know a guy that had a 14 footer that got pissed when he was pulling it out to clean its cage and put the death grip around his neck. He was by himself and almost didnt make it he says. He said it took all of his strength to get it off him and this guy is not a weakling. He said no more cleaning the cage by himself.

Oh, and slow? Haha, not so fast crawling along on the ground, but the big rabbits we fed it, it would strike and wrap around them in the blink of a eye.

TheFontMaster
10-08-2004, 11:05 PM
One tim when me and some of my friends were ridin we came uppon this lille garden snake, and one of my friends put it in his exaust pipe and reved the engine and shot the snake like 7 feet. It was hilarious.

trx440
10-09-2004, 12:14 AM
Saw a 6 foot plus Western Diamondback tonight. I really wouldn't want to see him walking down the street, Luckily I was in my car.
Boas are cool, most constrictors are. I always had bad run ins with Blue Racers when I lived in Indiana. They had serious attitude.

BTW,
My Grandfather died from a Copperhead bite back in the 30's. He was squrriel hunting a few miles outside of Marion, KY and died upon walking into the doctor's office.

JR3
10-09-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by SGA

exactly my thoughts i own over 10 reptiles snakes and turtles and lizards and such i jus hate to see people kill them cause ew a snake

BTW my favorite north american snake to deal with i have 1 is a san francisco garter snake they are also very endangered and have an awesome color pattern on them i got mine from a reptile expo not mine but heres what they look like the picture don do it justice thoe http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/corel1/COR340/87021.jpg

LTandRaptorider
10-09-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
One tim when me and some of my friends were ridin we came uppon this lille garden snake, and one of my friends put it in his exaust pipe and reved the engine and shot the snake like 7 feet. It was hilarious.

Now that wasn't nice... :rolleyes:

I must admit I always thought snakes were cool, and creepy at the same time! I remember as a kid running from a black snake, and yes, SGA, they are fast! Turns out the snake was heading for a tree... they are excellent tree climbers...

JR3
10-09-2004, 08:20 AM
yea and i don see why peole hurt black snakes they don hurt u they eat mice u wouldnt want gettin ur grage or home

sickmojave
10-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by JR3
yea and i don see why peole hurt black snakes they don hurt u they eat mice u wouldnt want gettin ur grage or home

the only snake I have ever been bitten by was a black snake. it was my fault but it hurt like hell.:grr:

phatswinn
10-09-2004, 10:03 AM
confucious says: thats the only beaver ull ever get son!

ive only got 4 bearded dragons and a giant millipede...unless ya count 3 cats an a dog as cool pets

blondie69
10-09-2004, 11:19 AM
I love snakes, that sounds like it'd be awesome!

Biggest snake I had was like a 8 inch grass snake:blah: ...then he got loose and mom wasn't happy at all:rolleyes:

I'd love to get a snake though, nothing too huge, but like...1-2 feet. Not poisinous either heh:macho

Bad Habit
10-09-2004, 11:46 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p6df72c246a6754d812e54003d6d87a20/f6f00762.jpg

I have to say it...........Nice Beaver!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
10-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
I have to say it...........Nice Beaver!:devil:

He did look like he was enjoying his snake a little too much in the other pic... :eek:

Quad18star
10-09-2004, 02:27 PM
He did look like he was enjoying his snake a little too much in the other pic... :eek:

Oh yeah .... rubbing up against my arm ... oh man ..... I don't even wanna talk about it or else I'll get myself too excited . :blah: ;)

There's more beaver in my area than you can shake a stick at ..... take that which ever way you like it .

Bart whats your preferance ..... shaved or not ??

Bad Habit
10-09-2004, 02:57 PM
There's more beaver in my area than you can shake a stick at .....

Tell me again EXACTLY where you live at :devil:

Quad18star
10-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Tell me again EXACTLY where you live at :devil:

Way way way up north . Where it snowed for the first time this year about a week ago :blah: Snow = coldness= cold ladies= me needing to warm up a few ladies . :devil: :devil:

tp300ex
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
im playing with it rite now lol:macho

stupid driver
10-09-2004, 09:46 PM
we commonly have garter, bull, black, and ring-neck snakes around here. Occasionally, you will find a timber rattler in the woods. The only thing i don't like about snakes is the smell that the garters give off. Terrible stuff, and impossible to get off. My mom wont let me get a snake though, grrrrrr:grr: