PDA

View Full Version : Where can I purchase a TC pipe from?

LaSalleKid
10-08-2004, 01:27 PM
I havent seen anywhere that sells them. Id appreciate it if someone could tell me the best pipe to buy from them for Drag Racing and details as to who I could buy one from brand new. Thanks,

Michael.

HONDA55
10-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Try www.dirtfiendracing.com . Call them, the pipe isn't listed on the site, but he does sell them.

SuzukiRacr07
10-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by HONDA55
Try www.dirtfiendracing.com . Call them, the pipe isn't listed on the site, but he does sell them. yah DFR!! he sells them for 480:cool:

YFZ450 Racer88
10-09-2004, 05:09 PM
DFR or Straight form TC racing..but u dont get jets and ur gonna pay more from Toms site

LaSalleKid
10-10-2004, 04:41 PM
will I have to change my jets if I simply change from DMC to the TC pipe? Can I leave it the same?

YamaWarr0121
10-10-2004, 05:44 PM
tell rudy at DFR or TOm at TC whichever u order from the settings you have w/ the dmc, and then they'll tell you if they are right or not.. i bet you will change something.. the tc flows a lot more..

LaSalleKid
10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
I have no clue what my specs are I let my dealer do everything. I'll probably go ahead and rejet it anyway because it pops on decel... I think the mechanic that worked on my yfz got fired or something anyway so I guess I wont know until I rejet it.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help guys.

One more question, does TC only make one pipe? If they dont Id like to know the name of the best one to drag race with.. thanks!

YamaWarr0121
10-11-2004, 07:50 AM
he makes two, a TT pipe and a MX pipe, the tt is only for tt, as it has a lot of top end and you need extreme clutch feathering to get it up in the power band..

the mxp ipe is just amazing and has power everywhere...

450R_man4k
01-03-2005, 01:24 AM
I have a fmf factory4 pipe on my 450R and have a FMF jet kit in it and it is running good but i hear only good things about TC and i want to know if i could put a TC pipe on and use the same jets. i do have the FMF jet kit and could change some things if i had to , but would that work. someone help i want a TC pipe!

Shocka400ex
01-03-2005, 12:47 PM
I have a question to anyone running a TC exhaust. Up until a week ago I was interested in the TC until my friend purchased one. The pipe was purchased from DFR. After inspecting the pipe I noticed that the header pipe actually seems like some one took a stock pipe, chopped it in half, and necked it down in the front. The head pipe also had a dent in the inside of it. (The part that you can't see when installed. Does anyone know if this is TC's design or is it just a defective one that DFR decided to sell at full price. Also, I was kinda concerned about how hot the header was getting because it was turning cherry red at itle. With a 175 main I know it wasn't too lean. When I took the header off, the stock one slipped right on in it's place.
Please let me know if this is just a scam or what. Thanks

pnut420
01-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Shocka400ex
I have a question to anyone running a TC exhaust. Up until a week ago I was interested in the TC until my friend purchased one. The pipe was purchased from DFR. After inspecting the pipe I noticed that the header pipe actually seems like some one took a stock pipe, chopped it in half, and necked it down in the front. The head pipe also had a dent in the inside of it. (The part that you can't see when installed. Does anyone know if this is TC's design or is it just a defective one that DFR decided to sell at full price. Also, I was kinda concerned about how hot the header was getting because it was turning cherry red at itle. With a 175 main I know it wasn't too lean. When I took the header off, the stock one slipped right on in it's place.

Thats how they make their pipes. And it is cherry red because you probably are a little lean still, also the header pipe is pretty thin so it will get hot easy but also cool faster....

pnut420
01-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Shocka400ex

Thats how they make their pipes. And it is cherry red because you probably are a little lean still, also the header pipe is pretty thin so it will get hot easy but also cool faster....

Shocka400ex
01-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks for that info, but can anyone tell me if their head pipe has a dent in it for some reason. Not sure why anyone would make or sell a pipe like that?

YamaWarr0121
01-04-2005, 05:18 PM
mine has a dent in it!:) both of them

HONDA55
01-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes, it comes with the dent in it. I'm not sure what it does, but it does look like someone dropped it or something like that.

pnut420
01-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah Im not sure where the dent its on the yfz, but I the tc exhaust for my yz426 and it was dented also. I dont know if they do it on the yfz fir clearance for the kickstart or what, either way the TC makes alot of power, to bad it makes all the noise also, I cant have a loud pipe anymore. :ermm:

Shocka400ex
01-05-2005, 09:03 AM
This is what I figure. I inspected the pipe and it actually looks like they put it in a press where the dent is. This has got to be a place where they are trying to clear something like a bracket or something. I'm not sure exactly why they design them this way or if it is a pipe off of a dirt bike that they fabed or something but I'm not too impressed with the design. If I decided to buy one I would just buy the silencer because it will slip right onto the stock header. Probably wouldn't give as much low end power though but I think it would flow better for mid-top end.

400grl
01-14-2005, 11:47 AM
I was surprised at the headpipe for the TC system, too - it looked like crap and looked cheap........seems like ALOT of money to spend on what you actually get.

EvilJester400EX
01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
The TC head pipe (the one with the exhaust shield) is a GYTR head pipe. In other words, it is your stock Yamaha head pipe. I used to have a GYTR, my old GYTR had the dent everyone talks about, my stock pipe had it, and so does my TC. Head pipe seems just like every other one I have seen, I have no problems with mine, runs a lot better than my GYTR did so I have zero complaints.