PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the 450s

Moto92
10-08-2004, 12:52 AM
So Ive been checking around looking for a new 450 and have noticed something interesting. Seems to be alot of YFZs out there for sale or trade for the Honda. Whys everyone wanting the Honda all the sudden? Perhaps some people jumped on the 450 bandwagon a little too early instead of waiting on the Honda to be released.

Cole Trane
10-08-2004, 02:06 AM
Maybe a little of that, but the YFZ have some electrical problems, thats why I'd rather have the 450r. Also cause it's Honda. Actually, I'd take either!!! They're both faster than mine.

Quad18star
10-08-2004, 09:21 AM
It might be because of of the electrical problems . I only had my battery die on me a few times , and that was the extent of the problem .

I think the reason a lot of people are switching to Honda , is because Honda has shown more interest in supporting racing as opposed to Yamaha. With the factory backing that Tim Farr received , I think alot of people figure that if they are running Honda , they have a better chance of factory support .... or contingency support from the company .

jmoney45
10-08-2004, 11:19 AM
It could be that there are more yfz's out there as they have been available longer.

Moto92
10-08-2004, 11:25 AM
The YFZ has had electrical problems, but isnt the Honda having problems with the frame cracking.

10-08-2004, 11:58 AM
A lot of too is that that people Like the newest thing. and right now the honda is that! I have a YFZ now I want to sell it to get a honda just because I want to try somthing different. I think the two qauds are close enough that it doesn't really matter which one I am on. another reason I want to switch is because the Honda is more erginomicly comfortable for me. But who knows i may stay with the YFZ and just get another one of them!