PDA

View Full Version : tore motor apart,thanks to u guys

chad400
10-07-2004, 11:40 PM
tore it apart and ordered a 416 11;1 kit with stage 1 hot cam,also sent head for porting. I have pro-circut T4, sparks timing kit,and use a pro-design filter.I dont know what spark plug and jetting to try......... any suggestions? please!:confused:

quadkrazy400ex
10-08-2004, 10:22 AM
i just used the normal stock plug, and went from a 165 main jet to a 170. and it seems to be pretty close, but i had it jetted right before too

hondarider2006
10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
When my 416 was running, I ran a cooler plug so my motor wouldn't run as hot. Dusty at C&D racing helped me make that decision, and it did help. I would say go one up from the stock # so your motor runs cooler. Also you won't want to run that advanced timing key eaither, it will make your motor run much hotter now with the high compression piston and cam. As far as jetting goes...Try around a 165-170 mj, 42 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw, and the needle at stock or one down.

red2004 TRX450R
10-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
When my 416 was running, I ran a cooler plug so my motor wouldn't run as hot. Dusty at C&D racing helped me make that decision, and it did help. I would say go one up from the stock # so your motor runs cooler. Also you won't want to run that advanced timing key eaither, it will make your motor run much hotter now with the high compression piston and cam. As far as jetting goes...Try around a 165-170 mj, 42 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw, and the needle at stock or one down.

I DONT think running a cooler plug has any thing to do with how hot/cool you motor WILL run!!!!

I think u change it because how hot it is in side the combustion chamber!!! I may be wrong but i dont think so!!!!!

:o
I think u want to run a coolder plug if you are getting pre detonation because the plug will hold in heat like a glow plug and cause pre detonation. like when u run at WOT for long times or jump up compression or add NOS or boost.

I think the only reason you would want to get rid of the timing advance is so that u dont have to run race gas or a mixture of it. to avoid detonation!!

I dont know any a lot about working 1 cylinders but i do know a lot about small block Chevy’s and so i dont know if im right but i think i am.

TRXRacer1
10-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R
I DONT think running a cooler plug has any thing to do with how hot/cool you motor WILL run!!!!

I think u change it because how hot it is in side the combustion chamber!!! I may be wrong but i dont think so!!!!!
Yeah, your kinda wrong.

You want your plug tip temp to be between 500°C-850°C. A plug does not create heat, it removes it. The term "colder plug" means that the plug has the ability remove more heat from the motor. This is an adjustment that a lot of people over look and don't understand. With the added heat that Hondarider2006 got from his 416 a colder plug most likely was a good option. It doesn't mean it's de-turned it just mean that the plug is properly matched to the conditions of his motor to maintain that 500°C-850°C tip temp.

red2004 TRX450R
10-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by TRXRacer1
Yeah, your kinda wrong.

You want your plug tip temp to be between 500°C-850°C. A plug does not create heat, it removes it. The term "colder plug" means that the plug has the ability remove more heat from the motor. This is an adjustment that a lot of people over look and don't understand. With the added heat that Hondarider2006 got from his 416 a colder plug most likely was a good option. It doesn't mean it's de-turned it just mean that the plug is properly matched to the conditions of his motor to maintain that 500°C-850°C tip temp.

ya thats what i ment! u just put it in words better!!

markk
10-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Im running bout the same setup as you, I think that u will be highly impressed with the motor ur building!!! thats an awsome setup for XC!!

p.s. Im running a stock plug, and A Dynojet 170main, and my plug always looks good a light choclate color

quadkrazy400ex
10-08-2004, 06:36 PM
^^^^^^^^^exactly what im runnin with mods in signature