PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Sparks pipe?

matt400ex
10-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I recently picked up a Sparks exhaust while my DMC is off being "fixed". I think I've finally got the jetting down with a 180 main, 4th clip on the YZ needle, and a 45 pilot. The plug is nice and brown off idle, but still turns tan after WOT runs. Anyways, so far I'm not that impressed. The Sparks might have a little more low end grunt than my DMC, but I don't have that hit that I did. And the Sparks seems to fall on its face on the top end, where the DMC was still screaming for more!

Right now, I'm running the stock gearing with 18in Klaws. I'm starting the think that I'm going through the pipe's powerband too quickly. The Spark's linear power comes on quick but leaves just as fast.

I'm still up in the air about which pipe to keep. I know lots of people run and LOVE their Sparks pipe, but I'd hate to loose to my friend's 450R's because of my pipe. Any chance that going up one on the front sprocket or down 2 in the rear will help me out?:mad: With a 180 main I doubt I'm too lean on the big end even with my intake and cam mod. So what gives?

wheeliemaster
10-07-2004, 10:43 PM
hey , if you dont like the sparks than we could work out a price on it cus i'm interested if you want to sell it!!!!

p.s. YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE ANY AFTERMARKET STUFF TO BEAT A 450R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt400ex
10-07-2004, 11:05 PM
I will be selling a full system very soon, just don't know which one yet. :) And I know what it takes to beat a 450R. But the ones I race aren't exactly stock, and are by no means slow! lol

wheeliemaster
10-07-2004, 11:20 PM
what do the 450r's have done to them?? can your yfz with the sparks beat them? i was just wondering because i am wanting to get a sparks pipe and wanted to know how the perform. thanks, just email at - wheeliemaster4ex@aol.com if you want to sell the sparks and we could possibly work out a price??????