PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Cutoff

04-12-2002, 12:11 PM
How do I install my parking brake cutoff anybody got any pics or intructions ?:confused:

CranMan
04-12-2002, 12:14 PM
If I remember correctly all you do is unbolt the mechanism , disconnect the cable, keep the two bolts and install your plate.

cdalejef
04-12-2002, 03:15 PM
Don't forget to use the old gasket or some RTV.

ChadEXer
04-12-2002, 03:19 PM
What will happen if you dont use a gasket or RTV??? I have my bike pulled apart but put my LSR PB block off on my rear brake but didnt use anything to seal it. I wont be in any mud or water. Do I still need to take it back off and seal it???

cdalejef
04-12-2002, 07:06 PM
I would pull it off and seal it up so water can't get in there. It can get moisture in there from just washing it.

Tommy 17
04-12-2002, 07:45 PM
opps i never sealed my lsr and its workin fine... o well it it hasn't broke now in the last year its not gonna...

cdalejef
04-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Its not something thats gonna break right away. Moisture gets up in there and rusts the piston pin and over time can lock up the piston.

Ryan-WB440ex
04-14-2002, 03:05 AM
what do you mean it works fine? it doesnt do anything but bolt on there and cover that bolt :blah i used silicone on mine.... was that a good idea? oh well it works GREAT! lol, anyways pretty much do what cranman said. unbolt the 2 screws where the blockoff goes and remove the stock piece, remove the bolt/clip on your swingarm that attaches the brake lines and remove the PB cable then reattach the bolt and clip for the regular brake lines, i think next there is a small metal clip on the back of the engine holding the cable in place you need to remove that, then go up farther along your chassis and remove the little rubber clips holding the brake line to your chassis, after that unscrew the cable where it screws into your clutch perch (just peel back that plastic cover if u still have it) then pull the whole thing out from the back of your bike cause you will have a helluva time getting that metal piece where the blockoff goes up through by the steering colum. hope that hel[s bud

kid300ex
04-14-2002, 06:41 PM
will the cascade block off work on the 300?

cdalejef
04-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Yes, the blockoffs will work on a 300.

bigbadbrad
04-20-2002, 09:01 AM
what kind of rvt?
gasket maker?
i need a rear caliper overhaul kit wear can i get one?
i need that little oring on the piston that is brass(or gold)color where you put the block off over
and how do i apply the rvt or silicone just in the little hole on the block off or an the edge(flat part) of the block off?
thanxs

Deathbringer
04-20-2002, 01:26 PM
Just goto Chozen Performance (http://www.chozenperformance.com) and order the Parking Brake Block Off and it comes with the gasket and new bolts, everything you need to install it except the allen wrench.

cdalejef
04-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Brad, you can get the rebuild kit from Honda. The RTV goes on the edges of the block off plate. Don't put any in the hole.

bigbadbrad
04-21-2002, 11:44 AM
thanks jeff
u think the dealer in canada will have? that is where i get all my oem parts because of the exchange i end up saving a sh** load of money.

cdalejef
04-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Maybe, if not they should be able to order it for you.

chad400ex
04-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Just order your block off from Denton....they give you an O-ring with their block-off plate, and 2 new stainless allen head bolts.

bigbadbrad
04-22-2002, 01:51 PM
yeah i know but i need the o ring for the piston that presses in the pads. i will just get some rvt at VIP. thanks for the advice guys u sre all a big help i will finaly be able to use the rear brakes when i get it fixed. its no fgun with no brakescant fool around as much.
thanks jeff.