PDA

View Full Version : Whooohooo Youth ATV GNCC Racing!

Pappy
10-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Pappy's Performance Coatings & EXriders.com Members collected enough money with the help of C&D Racing, Cardio Stack, and Burgard Cycle to award one Kasea 90 Skyhawk to the winner of the Youth GNCC limited Production 90cc Class at the Ironman GNCC, Saturday October 23, 2004 8:30AM.

Contributing Members Donations:
kicker696
insaneracin2003 $10.00
ohski $5.00
muff $25.00
Foxrage $10.00
exrider360 $10.00
EPDP99 $10.00
20400ex01 $10.00
remlapr $20.00
TM426 $20.00
bayou boy $20.00
red $20.00
JOEX $35.00
Screamin440 $20.00
Ericthered rdr $25.00
npsxtreme $100.00
Fred
400exdad $20.00
Popo $100.00

*All contributing Members will receive Free EXriders.com Stickers for supporting the Youth of ATV Racing.

Thanks to everyone that has made this Possible!!!

Donation Information (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=127406&highlight=kasea)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GNCC News
Parts Unlimited/Moose/Maxxis/Yamaha/Wiseco/Klotz/FMF/Dunlop/ITP
ATVA Grand National Cross Country Series

GNCC Series will Debut Youth ATV Racing at the Ironman GNCC
Special event will run on Saturday morning, October 23

You asked for it, and it's finally here: GNCC Youth ATV Racing!

Racer Productions, the producers of the Grand National Cross Country Series, will mark the final round of the 2004 GNCC Series with a special race for 70cc - 90cc mini ATVs. GNCC ATV racers have been asking for a mini quad class for years, and the race will run as an experiment to see if mini quads can indeed be a feasible class to run at future GNCCs.

The race will run the morning of the Ironman ATV GNCC in Crawfordsville, Indiana, at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. The Ironman is traditionally draws the largest crowd of any ATV race on the GNCC tour. The youth quad race will run for up to an hour, depending on weather and course conditions, and the track will be an abbreviated, milder version of the real GNCC course the full-sized ATVs will race on later that day.

Three classes will run, and they are based off of the ATVA rulebook. 70cc Youth Production (6-11); 90cc Youth Limited (8-15); and 90cc Youth Production (8-15).

The 70cc and 90cc production classes must use a frame and engine cases out of a current-model ATV, but there are no restrictions on modifications beyond that. The Limited Class requires stock machines, and only limited modifications, such as an exhaust system, and other changes that are legal in the GNCC ATV stock class.

Click Here for More Details (GNCC Website) (http://www.gnccracing.com/News/YouthATVannouncement.html)

cdalejef
10-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Finally!!! Thanks Racer Productions. It was great watching Johnny C and William Yokely battle it out on 80's back in the early 90's.

Pappy
10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
we will be there:macho

shep
10-07-2004, 02:20 PM
:bandit:WHAT ABOUT THE 50s!! these little guys race thier hearts out to,it realy sucks when im loading up and have to tell my little boy we cant take his!:confused:

cdalejef
10-07-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by shep
:bandit:WHAT ABOUT THE 50s!! these little guys race thier hearts out to,it realy sucks when im loading up and have to tell my little boy we cant take his!:confused: Call RP and recommend a 50 class.

markk
10-07-2004, 02:31 PM
This is gona be sweet, I have been wanting to watch the mini quads forever now, Just never gotten a chance!!!!!!!

shep
10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
:bandit: I called RP they dident know if there would be enough 50s,so if any one has alittle guy on a 50 who might race or you want to watch them please call RP at (304)284-0081 if not this is a great start!!!thanks

Johnny & Monica
10-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Whooohoo pappy,Thats killer news rember a few months back you told me it would never happen , It`s was closer than we both thougth,I don`t know whether Me & Monica or the kids are happier,To top it off it`s the whole familys favorite track.The kids love going to watch the pro`s but this tops that for them Thank you RP:D :D :D :D

Pappy
10-07-2004, 05:41 PM
trust me im shocked.

i have been sending them emails in hopes they would atleast consider it. now we have to get a great turn out so they will have them at all the races next year!

i wonder if i could get a few companies to help cover some of my cost...id give away a new 90 to the winner:eek:

Johnny & Monica
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
trust me im shocked.

i have been sending them emails in hopes they would atleast consider it. now we have to get a great turn out so they will have them at all the races next year!

i wonder if i could get a few companies to help cover some of my cost...id give away a new 90 to the winner:eek:

My 8 year old boy Chance said he wants it in yellow lol:D

Johnny & Monica
10-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Please let us all know if you find out how long the kids course will be. This is going to be so much fun.:D :D

Monica

250EXstud
10-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Me and Lil Braff are tryin to barrow 90s:D

Pappy
10-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
My 8 year old boy Chance said he wants it in yellow lol:D

just by chance i have a yellow one in stock:eek:

CatMostFeared
10-07-2004, 11:45 PM
We will be there too

QuadJunkies
10-08-2004, 12:23 AM
that is so cool!!! Its about time all these kids get some of there own series!!!:blah: :macho

Johnny & Monica
10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
just by chance i have a yellow one in stock:eek:

Wish I had the extra money I would have you bring it for my youngest daugther,But it`ll be nice to meet the man of wisdom :D see ya there

ridemehard913
10-08-2004, 06:20 AM
i hope they run them all next year

i'll be bringin brandon to race he's excited!:)

Hillbillyracing
Sidewinder

:devil:

Pappy
10-08-2004, 06:31 AM
EVERYONE should email RP and express your gratitude and possibly include the number of kids that you have attending.

also...spread the word on this to different websites and race series. if we make a grand showing i can almost garuntee we will see atleast a limited schedule of youth races on the program for next year!

Ericthered rdr
10-08-2004, 07:05 AM
I see that the child must be 6yo to race so that eliminates Tommy fo this year! I hope that this does become a new series and not just a one time side show! The mini ATV sceene is busting open and RP has done the right thing to give the futue of thier series a chance to be showcased. This would be so awsome to see the kids get a full series next year with factory support and big sponsorships. For the moms and dads out there with kids in the racing scene you know how much money we dump into our kids racing. This could lend to more companies building production line modification parts for the minis. This is a very cool day in ATV GNCC racing! BTW we need to get RP to allow a 50cc class and lower the starting age to 5yo. I think this would bring out many more racers, including me and my boys all the way from Maryland! Thanks RP and all who had a hand in bringing this to fruition!
Eric

yfz450xc
10-08-2004, 08:13 AM
we host a variety of 50cc-90cc youth races here in Illinois and Missouri and all have had a good showing thus far , the only thing we had to watch out for is the little ones( you Know the age), cause sometimes 1 hour was to long for them and anything over (guessing here) 3/4 mile might be to long for the inexpierienced ones, we hosted a 1/2 mile course for 30 minutes and all had thier fill and including the bike side, allparents and kids were so happy they had something to call Mini XC.
A great idea and XC for kids is growing so much, we just need to make the promoters feel safe in hosting these events and w/ a good show it can be done.
I would like to see XC grow like supercross and it can be done.
Just look at the #'s.
God Bless this sport.:)

Cody_300ex
10-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Im kinda dissaponted because they add a youth prodution class! Ive always wanted to race a gncc but they dont have a youth prodution class like the GNC mx and GNC TT circut.:( guess i'll have to stick to TT and flat track. :(

400exdad
10-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Alright! :D :D Just the other day I was thinking of writing the ATVA and expressing my concerns for youth racing in GNCC... because thats the way we like to ride! Several years ago, I e-mailed the AMA (prior ATVA) and expressed my concerns with no avail. Good job to you guys and Racer Productions for getting this "on the ticket". If they have it at Lorettas, my 7 yr old will be there! We did a 23 mile tight woods ride the other day and he conquered it with flying colors! :macho

Johnny & Monica
10-12-2004, 07:43 AM
What kind of numbers do they need on their quad??

400exdad
10-12-2004, 08:00 AM
mikeracerx, I skimmed over the rules, I think you can find out the info you are looking for there.

What I found out is my 7 year old can't race! Dang! It'll be 2006 when he can ride at Loretta's GNCC! :( Oh well, I did e-mail Racer Productions and let them know how much I appreciate it.

ssgg76
10-13-2004, 12:35 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE 50s!! these little guys race thier hearts out to,it realy sucks when im loading up and have to tell my little boy we cant take his!

If they need more than a few calls, let me know. Otherwise, I will have one very unhappy little gremlin watching his older brother race! ;)

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Little man will be there! He can't wait to try out his rebuilt AC 70. I tried to post a picture But couldn't figure it out. Can't wait to meet some of you folks. Were #838 in the 70 class.