PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, wanted to say hi.

gate_keeper_32
10-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I wanted to say hello to everyone here and kinda introduce myself. My name is Eddie and I have been browsing this forum for a few years but just became a member today. I have been riding since I was 5 (33 now) and I've had alot of different machines. I also worked as a mechanic for 4 years at 2 different cycle shops when I was 21-25. I had a 300ex 2 years ago, but havent had anything since and my son is 12 years old so I figured it is time (over due accually) that I bought something else for him and I, so last night I got a 1999 400ex that has been modified somewhat.

My question is, what do you all think of the Pro Circuit T-4 exhaust system? This 400ex that I just got had this system on it and a jet kit, K&N and it runs pretty good, in fact, faster than anything I've even had in the past. Is this a decent exhaust system?

I am looking forward to exchanging ideas with you guys in the future.:D

Eddie

mojoe2878
10-07-2004, 02:14 PM
sounds like a pretty good set up. maybe a little too much for a 12 year old if he doesnt have much riding experiance;) do you know what kind of jet kit it has? i had a dyno-jet kit at one time and the jets didnt flow right for some reason.

gate_keeper_32
10-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by mojoe2878
sounds like a pretty good set up. maybe a little too much for a 12 year old if he doesnt have much riding experiance;) do you know what kind of jet kit it has? i had a dyno-jet kit at one time and the jets didnt flow right for some reason.

I'm not sure what kind of jet kit is in it but it sounds "right". If I crack the throttle wide open as fast as I can from a dead Idle, it has no hesitation what so ever, it has a very good throttle response so I am assuming that it is jetted right. The guy who had it before me was the original owner and he said he had all of the stuff done by a Honda tech from the place he bought it from.

As far as the 12 year old goes, I know what you mean, it IS a little much for him but he rode my 300ex just fine and he is somewhat still scred of it, but intrigued enough to keep riding it. Therefor he doesnt do stupid stuff on it like his dad does.:p I think that as long as he respects it, he will be ok on it.

Do you know anything about the Pro Circuit exhaust systems? The guy told me he paid about $750 for it so I am assuming that it is a good one. I am not one who likes the loud exhaust but this thing has a very nice, throaty sound to it...It couod be a tad quieter to suit me but I like it.

gate_keeper_32
10-07-2004, 02:40 PM
By the way, here is a couple of pictures of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/fasteddie/400ex2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/fasteddie/Picture294.jpg

mojoe2878
10-07-2004, 03:24 PM
nice lookin quad.

dont know much about the 400ex pro circuit pipe(i have the w/b) but i did have one on a 98 yz250 i used to have, it was the platinum series and they are fairly expensive, but it was a good pipe, had a good power gain on the bike with it.

m250r
10-07-2004, 04:38 PM
nice quad but there is NO WAY that he payed $750 for a full Pro Circuit exhaust...maybe 750 for all his mods but i know a Duncan Racing full exhaust runs about $550 and even thats pretty pricy

hondarider2006
10-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Nice lookin 400 you picked up there:cool: But sorry to bust your bubble...there is no way he said $750 that slip-on. Unless I am mistaking, than it could be a complete system, but even it wouldn't even be close to that. I am guessing he meant $750 in everything he has put into the quad, that seems a little more resonable. I haven't really read my on the pro-circut pipes, I know they have good 2-stroke exhaust systems, but I don't think there 4-strokes one perform as well. Still not a bad pipe tough:macho

gate_keeper_32
10-07-2004, 05:58 PM
I thought that sounded a little much for a pipe, I know I wouldnt pay thAT MUCH FOR ONE. (aND YOU GUYS ARENT BURSTING MY BUBBLE);) I didnt care if it was $27 or $2700, I was wondering if it was a decent exhaust. BTW, it is the whole system too, from the head to the arrestor. The reason I ask this is because I have the stock pipe as well and I've been thinking about putting it back on because of the noise level. But if it were to make a huge difference in power then I'll just leave the PC on it.

Eddie

m250r
10-07-2004, 06:07 PM
i have one on my 300ex and i think it makes a pretty big difference but it depends on if you care whether or not its loud. you could always take it off, sell it, and put the money towards something else if you dont like the sound

beak7707
10-07-2004, 06:16 PM
welcome to the site. Everybody I know that runs that exhaust system really likes it. I think it makes good power and is a good overall system.