PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Advance--anybody have one?

04-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Anybody running an ignition advance? Sparks claims to get big gains out of one on a relatively stock engine. That's not entirely accurate but I want to know if it's worth doing.

VegasEx'r
04-12-2002, 11:41 AM
I've got one & I'd say that based on the price for the key & gasket (about $30 total) & the time it takes to install it (about an hour) it is well worth it. I didn't notice a difference in top-end, but throttle response & acceleration were much beter.

yellow machine
04-12-2002, 11:47 AM
I put one in a couple of months ago, it was straight forward and easy to install. throttle response might be a little better but nothing to write home about. but if you cant think of anything selse better to spend your money on go ahead but dont expect to blow other bikes away because of the advance key.:D

04-12-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey Vegas, how do you like the 416 kit?? I'm looking into that for future mods. I'm looking to race a little moto and maybe a few CC races. Let me know your thoughts on that--Thanks

VegasEx'r
04-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by SandSpider ATV
Hey Vegas, how do you like the 416 kit?? I'm looking into that for future mods. I'm looking to race a little moto and maybe a few CC races. Let me know your thoughts on that--Thanks

Awesome. That sums it up. It is so much quicker now. It is well worth the money. One thing to mention is that w/ the 10.8 piston & advance key, the motor would ping at WOT (in 3rd, 4th & 5th), so I had to start mixing race fuel w/ pump gas. I currently run 25% VP c12 (& I think that VP red will work, too) & 75% pump gas (91 octane). If 92 or 93 octane is sold where you live, you might be okay.