PDA

View Full Version : Bret Farves brother inlaw dead from atv crash

JR3
10-07-2004, 04:28 AM
i just saw it on sports center he said that Bret Farves brother in law died last night while he was riding a atv and not wearing a helmet and it flipped on him and caused massive head injuries and by the time they got him to the hospital he died

MY450R
10-07-2004, 06:20 AM
always wear a helmet
last night i rode up the street w/o a helmet on.i figured what the hell im only going two feet but i turned around anyway and put it on.it only takes an instant but im sure everyone here knows that
what i dont understand is how some motorcyclists can ride w/o one.if you crash your dead
R.I.P.

insaneracin2003
10-07-2004, 07:43 AM
what i dont understand is that in houston,children and adults that ride bicycles must have a helmet,but,motor cyclelist dont need helmets.i figure it is there choice to wear a helmet but,for adults that ride on sidewalks made for bicycles,why should i get a ticket for not wearing a helmet?

Dan229
10-07-2004, 08:05 AM
SUMRALL, Miss. — The brother-in-law of Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre died Wednesday evening after crashing an all-terrain vehicle on the player's property.

Casey Tynes, 24, the brother of Favre's wife, Deanna, was riding the ATV without a helmet when it flipped, Lamar County Sheriff Danny Rigel said. Tynes sustained head injuries, was transported to Forrest General Hospital in Hattiesburg at 6 p.m. and was pronounced dead 20 minutes later, Deputy Coroner Randy Beck said.

The Favre family did not immediately issue a statement.

"They're pretty shook up," Rigel said.

In Green Bay, Favre skipped practice Wednesday, still feeling the effects of a concussion. He was injured Sunday when William Joseph of the New York Giants tackled him, and his head hit the ground.

Last December, Irvin Favre, the quarterback's father, died of a heart attack or stroke while driving near his home in Kiln. His car ran into a ditch, but authorities said the crash did not kill him.

Brett played the next night in Oakland and had one of his best performances of his career. He threw for 399 yards and four touchdowns, leading the Packers to a crucial 41-7 victory over the Raiders.

Officials said Tynes' body was being taken to University Medical Center in Jackson for an autopsy.

Link (http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/shared-gen/ap/General_Football_News/FBN_Favre_In_Law_Killed.html)

edz250r
10-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Did anyone come across what kind of quad he was riding? Just curious...

FTR250Rnif
10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
man that sucks:(

JR3
10-07-2004, 12:55 PM
it was probably a utility i see a lot of people not wearin helmets on utes were i ride they think jus cause they are like tanks they aint gonna flip hell i wear a helmet on my grandpas ute 1 of them lands on ur head u onna feel it and especially on my quad i don see why people wouldnt want to wear 1

I-7
10-07-2004, 12:59 PM
RIP. I never ride without a helmet... its just common sense.

2001-400ex'er
10-07-2004, 03:06 PM
It really sucks when stuff like this happens. His whole family has to suffer becasue he couldnt put a helmet on. And now it gives ATVs an even worse name then they have already for hurting people when they arent ridin responsibily.

bulkdriverlp
10-07-2004, 05:41 PM
wear a damn helmet, or ur brain will be scrambled eggs,

r.i.p. for guy not wearing a helmet!!

JR3
10-07-2004, 05:42 PM
exactly this most recent summer in the beginnig we all weree out were we ride and these guys pull up ridin double up on a honda ute with helmets on then the 1 guy takes his helmet off and is ridin round u could tell it was his first time on a quad he flips it we all ride over hes layin there looks dead so were like holy sheep stuff and we flag a guy down out there muddin and he use to be like a first aid guy he comes over does like 3 tests the guys still layin there so we called a ambulance then put our quads in the woods walked over told the emts wut happened the quad landed on his head and the guy never came 2 even while he was gettin loaded into the ambulance and i heard h ended up ok jus some smashed out teeth and a tweaked neck and sure enough next day like 10 cops out there

47501exracer
10-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Some people think they will never get hurt so why bother to wear a helmet. They are about as stupid as all the people I see in town on their crotchrockets and Harleys who think they are so DAMN bad on their little streetbike. Yea, I'm so cool on my trike and I don't wanna wear a helmet cause the girlz will make fun of me or whatever their stupid reasoning is.

Too many people have died around here due to not wearing a helmet, some have little kids at home who won't see their daddy or maybe mommy anymore.

So when you drop 5-10 G's on a bike or ATV, you should spend another hundred to protect yourself!