PDA

View Full Version : why is it???

QuadJunkies
10-07-2004, 01:17 AM
you NEVER see kids Nerfs with heel guards???:confused: I cannot for the life of me think of one good reason they dont have them???:huh Anyone seen any you can buy?? I am getting aset for my girl,but I will NOT install them until I have heel guards.. any leads???

phaster
10-07-2004, 06:27 AM
Hellboundracing makes them with heel guards.

They had some on ebay not to long ago.
here is a link to the auction try calling them direct.

Kasea (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2492026516&category=43972)

Hope this helps

Samson
10-07-2004, 07:22 AM
I really want some nerfs, but I was wondering about the mounts for the plastics. Does it stress the other mounts when you remove the factory floorboard mounts? Every place my plastics stress, it turns a whitish pink color.

I like the the heel guard idea. Thanks for the info Phaster!

markvette
10-07-2004, 09:17 AM
ac nerfs have heel guards and so do k-fabs. both sets you have to weld the mounting stubs onto your frame. k-fabs are awesome with really big foot pegs.

Mark

QuadJunkies
10-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by phaster
Hellboundracing makes them with heel guards.

They had some on ebay not to long ago.
here is a link to the auction try calling them direct.

Kasea (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2492026516&category=43972)

Hope this helps thanks for the link!! I have seen those before I guess.. I didnt like the heel guards alot on that one, but its better than nothing!! I wish I had the free time ,I know a few guys who prol. could fab up a pair .
Samson, are you sure that they mount to the plastic?? So. you HAVE to weld stuff on Eh??? Maybe Ill just stick with the set I was originally going to get and just keep looking for some heel guards, the set Im getting doesnt require any welding...:)

Samson
10-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Yes ma'am! Mine has "almost" full floorboards that attach on both sides. Kind of cheap looking. Which is why I'd like to change it.

Gotta find some shocks first though, and my wife just cleaned out the old checking account on bedroom furniture. I mean, come on! Just because we were using the same stuff I got as a kid 30 years ago. Nothing wrong with it. That stuff lasts forever! :mad:

ps - I'm really gonna miss that bunkbed too! j/k :o

QuadJunkies
10-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Samson
Yes ma'am! Mine has "almost" full floorboards that attach on both sides. Kind of cheap looking. Which is why I'd like to change it.

Gotta find some shocks first though, and my wife just cleaned out the old checking account on bedroom furniture. I mean, come on! Just because we were using the same stuff I got as a kid 30 years ago. Nothing wrong with it. That stuff lasts forever! :mad:

ps - I'm really gonna miss that bunkbed too! j/k :o

haha... My Dresser is old like that !!!:o :p I mena. Who gives a crap what it looks like.no one can see up stairs but me anyhow...:D A nice bed is OK, but skip the rest of the fancy stuff.. WE HAVE PRIORITIES!!!:blah:

foleyit
10-07-2004, 06:58 PM
I have a similar set on our Kasea. I purchased our set from Eastside Motorsports (http://www.eastsidems.com) . I didn't have to weld anything. Their kits actually comes with a cross-bar member that mounts to the frame using bolts.

I think that I am going to do some additional work on them because they stick out a little. The overall sturdiness of the product doesn't meet my level of satisfaction.

The heel guards look similar if not the same like those by Hellbound, and you may notice in the picture the heel guards are not pre-drilled. I'm not exactly sure why not, but it sure does make the installation longer than necessary. Also, the mounting shafts for both front and rear are substantially smaller in diameter than that of the AC Nerf tubing. I'm going to fabricate some sort of tube that I can insert inside the tube.

You can see in my picture that there is a small gap between the heel guard and the frame of the quad. I doubt that my daughter's foot will fit through there with a boot on. Still looks a little hokey. PM me if you want some close up pics of the mounting locations.

Samson
10-07-2004, 07:55 PM
That's a good looking quad Foleyit. I kinda like the looks of those nerfs.

ps - It's not what your bed looks like, it's what you look like in your bed that counts! :D

QuadJunkies
10-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Samson
That's a good looking quad Foleyit. I kinda like the looks of those nerfs.

ps - It's not what your bed looks like, it's what you look like in your bed that counts! :D good point Samson!!!:D

I wish they made a heel guard like Pro Armors,We have two sets ofthere nerfs and I REALLY dig the protection on them....

foleyit
10-09-2004, 12:24 AM
QJ and Samson,

In case you buy this kit or one similar with the cross-bar. I forgot to mention that on the '04-05 50s not sure about the 90s but I think it would be the same. Don't shoot yourselves in the head trying to figure out how the cross bar mounts to the frame. Yes, you need to remove the brake cable holder from the case. I used a carbide bit on my dremel to grind away/remove the holder.

The large circle highlights where the brake cable holder used to be. The smaller circle highlights another location where grinding was necessary in order to get the cross-bar back far enough. I've seen this kit installed on an '02 and '03 Kasea 50 and the owner/parent told me that he/she didn't grind anything.

PM me know if you want some more pics of the installation.

foleyit
10-09-2004, 12:28 AM
Here is another picture showing the mount on the frame.