PDA

View Full Version : talk about bad luck

user101
10-06-2004, 08:24 PM
well it all started about 2 weeks ago when my 400ex started smoking, and its prolly gonna cost $300 to fix it, then i sold my truck for 1,000 bucks and go and buy a lifted 84" chevy 4x4, now get this, be4 i even get home with it which is about a 20 min. drive the front pump seal on the tranny goes bad leaving me stranded..i call my dad and pull it back home, i got my mom to pick up a seal for it which ended up being for a 350 turbo instead of a 700r4 so i have to go to the parts store and get the right seal, i come home and put it in...i know im making this sound easy but for those of you who dont know the front pump seal is located at the very front of the tranny behind the torque converter..just to get to it takes about 1 1/2-2 hours worth of work just to replace a $4 seal and it takes about a minute to knock the seal back in place, then i had to put everything back together..ok by this time im thinking FINALLY!!! i can drive it...i replaced the fluids and cranked her up and went down the road about 3miles and guess wut..the 3rd and 4th gear clutches go out so i pull over and and check everything the fastest i can drive is 2nd gear at about 30 mph...i drove it home and left it sitting until today...i pulled the tranny pan off and the tranny fluid is black and burnt, the filter is falling apart and the lines have melted the radiator shround at the bottom...found out today its gonna cost another $600 dollars to fix it...im still not through...i came inside sit down and turned the tv on only to have it go out and about and hour later the washing machine breaks. talk about bad luck...lol

YFZ450Ridr
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
holy crap man that is insane. maby luck will turn around for you and you will hit the lottery.

chucked
10-06-2004, 08:38 PM
sometimes life throws some strong punches, one day abotu 3-4 years ago i went to school to find out a friend was killed in a car accident, i was so upset i had to go home, when i get there my mom tells me she has to have our dog put to sleep, then later on my grandmother calls me and tells me my great grandmother had a stroke and she is being read her last rights (she actually lived another year or so until she died at the age of 104).

MichaelS693
10-06-2004, 08:39 PM
dang dude.. just look at it like this.. yay for today, ^%#@ tomorrow:D

fastmofo
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
that sucks! my first truck was a 88 gmc 1/2 ton 2wd with a 305/700r4. burnt the tranny up about 1,000 miles after owning it, my advice to you if your a chevy person is, get a turbo 350 from the junk yard and swap that in, those 700r4s are junk!

user101
10-07-2004, 02:45 PM
the 700r4s are not junk..they're just not built to be thrashed on like the 350 and 400 turbos. plus the overdrive is real nice on this big of a truck due to gas mileage

mojoe2878
10-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by fastmofo
that sucks! my first truck was a 88 gmc 1/2 ton 2wd with a 305/700r4. burnt the tranny up about 1,000 miles after owning it, my advice to you if your a chevy person is, get a turbo 350 from the junk yard and swap that in, those 700r4s are junk!

if you have a lifted truck the 700R is not a good tranny. they cant hold up to big tires very well and the over drive on it with them big tires is just maken it worse on the tranny. you would be better off with a 350 or 400 turbo. just my 2 cents. last 4 trucks i have owend had 38's or larger on them and you really gotta beef things up all around when you go to a 35 or past,if anything is gonna last. ask any body who has a big lifted truck or works on them and they will tell you the 700R is not good at all for them. hope you dont have 10 bolt 1/2 ton axles on it, if so your gonna be workin on them b4 too long too.