PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on getting stuck wheel hub off?

K_Fulk
10-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Last time i put my axle in i put some green lock tite on the splines the wheel hob slides, I was gettin tired of my hubs coming loose and this fixed the problem pretty well.

Too well now I cant get the damn thing off. Ive been beating on it for an hour or so with a rubber mallot and havent been able to get it loose. I dont have a torch but i tried sitting my reddy heater right next to it but that didnt help either.

Anyone have a sreative idea. :confused:

Aceman
10-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't know how the finish is on your hubs but it sounds like

A: You need to start using a ball peen hammer to try and break it loose.

B: Go buy a little propane torch from a hardware store and try heating it a little along with using the ball peen hammer to knock it loose.

C: Possibly using a gear puller with 2 arms on it and try and pull your hub off this way. This idea just came to me, I've never tried it but it seems like it would work the best. I would try this first before you start heating and beating. You can get a gear puller from an auto parts store. If the gear puller doesn't get the hub off by itself you can try tightening the gear puller down and smacking the hub with a mallet/hammer to try and get it too pop off. If that doesn't work you could try heating it and then beating on the hub while the gear puller is keeping pressure on it.

Hope this helps you.

K_Fulk
10-06-2004, 10:07 PM
The finish was good, but i got a pc gun so i can re do them anyways.

Thanks for the ideas.

shamisc
10-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Go get a torch then. Heat will dissolve the LocTite.