PDA

View Full Version : Serious Problem! Help

416rider
10-06-2004, 06:43 PM
I heard on here about the trans oil capacity should be filled to the bottom of filler cap so i did that thenafter a few minuets of riding i went to check the oil level and the cap had pressure and blew hot oil so i checked the hoses comming out of the trans and it was not plugged so then the next thing was to let the oil out till its right at the checker screw then i rode it again and it still has pressure, i cannot figure out what heck is going on. the only thing i can think of is that i put a small air filter on the hose in the airbox? need alot of help?

rowlrag
10-06-2004, 07:43 PM
the easiest thing todo is take off the tank, find the tranny vent hose that is beside the carb on the right if you was sittin on it, it loops over into a hole on the plastic cover under the tank, take off the fill cap and blow thru the hose, should flow with no resistance. Some peoples problem I think is that they see this vent line dangle because it pops out of the hole it sits in and then they push it onto this little nipple on the top cover of the carb!!! thats a nono, I've done it before I realized where it went DUH!
the tranny only holds a little over half a quart.

Hammer trx450r
10-06-2004, 07:50 PM
dude stop!!!!! you fill it to the hole on the side where that little screw is. not fill it to the filler cap

Matt102
10-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Dude, your not supposed to open the oil screw when your engines hot. It will do this with your engine side oil and your radiator! You have to let the machine cool down before you check it.

rowlrag
10-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I overlooked the hot oil part.:rolleyes:

BOONE450R
10-06-2004, 07:56 PM
that vent hoes almost got me to, when i put my HRC kit in.

roughrider01
10-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
the easiest thing todo is take off the tank, find the tranny vent hose that is beside the carb on the right if you was sittin on it, it loops over into a hole on the plastic cover under the tank, take off the fill cap and blow thru the hose, should flow with no resistance. Some peoples problem I think is that they see this vent line dangle because it pops out of the hole it sits in and then they push it onto this little nipple on the top cover of the carb!!! thats a nono, I've done it before I realized where it went DUH!
the tranny only holds a little over half a quart.

Wow, i thought i was the only one who did that, i dont feel so bad now. :cool:

400exBro
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
dude stop!!!!! you fill it to the hole on the side where that little screw is. not fill it to the filler cap

huh???
i was a little lost when i read that...
do you mean don t fill the tranny from the top where the black knob thing is??? the one above the check bolt for the tranny level??

Hammer trx450r
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
huh???
i was a little lost when i read that...
do you mean don t fill the tranny from the top where the black knob thing is??? the one above the check bolt for the tranny level??

He filled it to the top of the fill hole:eek2:

400exBro
10-10-2004, 02:12 PM
ooo
that is bad...

if there is to much oil in there you probably had to much pressure build up in the tranny comprantment, and that is why when you opend to check the oil level the pressure was released out... Just a thought..

roughrider01
10-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Dont make me tell you to read whats written above your dancing banana dude! jk

The hose in your airbox is not the trans vent, its for your crankcase, theres a seperate breather for the two. Unplug whatevers in yours trans vent and i guarentee your problem will be gone. Read your manual for help when changing engine/ trans oil.