PDA

View Full Version : Sand drags

BeltSlipper
04-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Anyone in here sand drag at Boone Terre Mo? I'm looking into getting my son started sand dragging and am interested in any info about the place.

Sandragggen
04-20-2002, 09:12 PM
I race at Bonne Terre and was there tonight in the rain, which was cancelled. The web site is unfinished but is somewhat informative....http://www.angelfire.com/mo/Sanddrags/

If you have anymore questions pm me and I will be happy to answer any questions.

Sandragggen
04-20-2002, 09:37 PM
I was just at the site and seen where you ask for info with no avail. To get started you must have a kill switch, helmet and tail lights. The cost for membership for the year is $25. It will cost $22 to race each night. John the owner will also charge you $7 per person to get in the gates, reguardless if you race or not. There are 4 classes in ATV's. Junior, ATV1, Pro ATV, and Super Pro. All ATV racing is double elimination bracket racing. Practice starts around 5 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m. You can win money.....as much as $500. My bet is that your son will race in Pro ATV class, which is the largest class. Most of the people are very helpful and will assist as needed....just ask questions. It is a very good time and family oriented. The next race is April 27, 2002. Your son will love it. See you at the races.

BeltSlipper
04-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Sandragggen, the races on the 20th were cancelled? We were going to go, but I had surgery last week and was unable to make the trip. But hopefully we'll going this weekend.
You mentioned in the previous post, that my son could possibly race the pro ATV class? There isn't a age limit for that class? Reason I ask this is, he's 14 and rides a 400ex. I don't want him to get over excided about racing and him not being able too, if you get my drift.
If you think he's of age to races is bike, please let us know and we'll be there next weekend.

Thanks

Sandragggen
04-21-2002, 04:17 PM
I know several kids that race in Pro ATV that are 14, maybe a couple younger than that. To race in Pro ATV your son has to run 6.5 or faster (they just changed times this year, last year it was 7.0) which a stock 400EX is very capable of doing. If he doesn't run a 6.5 he will run in ATV1. As far as I know there is no age limit in any class. Bring your son on down and be prepared for a good time. After your son gets the hang of it, be prepared when he starts bugging you about a 440 kit and such.

Yea the 20th was cancelled for it rained like mad and did not let up. They did get a few junior races off before the rain.

BeltSlipper
04-25-2002, 02:12 PM
Sounds like a fun time. This style of racing is an alternative to MX racing. He wants to MX race really bad, but not of age for his bike. So I found this for him to start racing. So I've heard of wanting this and wanting that already. But now I get to listen to the want of different items.
I just looked at the weather forcast for Bonne Terra. It's suppose to rain again. I don't want to drive 5 hours and not race, but I guess we'll have to take that chance.
We've never done this before. Do they have a practice time or qualifing times. I have no idea what kind of time he can run. I guess we'll find out.

ChadEXer
04-25-2002, 02:56 PM
I would give anything to have a place like that close. there is 3 drag strips that are within 50 miles of me but they arent really as organized as this one seems to be. To bad its 540 miles from here:(

BeltSlipper
04-25-2002, 03:24 PM
Why not give it a try. I'm driving about 350 miles to try it out. I know that that's way shorter than 540, but it's only time.

Hey ChadEXer, I noticed that your waiting on your motor from TC. I have a friend that waited almost 4 months to get his back. Then when he did, that darn thing didn't run right. They forgot the keeper key on the flywheel. Then he had to send it back. When getting hit back and put in his frame. The darn thing blew a head gasket. THEY FORGOT IT!!. After sending it back the 3rd time,and 6 months, boy does it run!!
Moral of the story.. GOOD LUCK WITH TC!!!

Hope to see you at Big River Sand Drags!!!

Sandragggen
04-25-2002, 05:48 PM
yea I heard its suppose to rain but the local news says it will subside by evening...we will see.

There is also a very cool place to ride within 10-15 min from the track...St. Joe State Park (1800 acres). There are alot of cheap motels just off route 67 were you could stay over night and ride on Sunday for a while. St. Joe also has camping...that might be something to think about. There are 4 weekends that host 2-day races, May 25-26, July 5-6, Aug 31-Sept 1 and the ATV Nationals on Oct 5-6. I wish Nick would update the schedule on the web site for people who might want to visit the track. I'd like to see the 505 run. On these 2-day races camping is allowed at the track.

Beltslipper look me up Saturday night, I will be driving a 02 pewter colored Z71 and will be parked near the bathrooms. The EX is supposed to be ready Friday night but I'm sure there will be tuning issues to deal with and no good weather to do it, so I might just have the Polaris Saturday. Practice starts around 4:30-5:00, races start at 7:30. You MUST be signed up by 6:00 or no racing. I don't know if you drink, but its cans only. You will have to bring your own. See you at the races.

ChadEXer
04-26-2002, 07:22 AM
Well i guess i will just have to make the trip up there sometime this summer. Its just according to when i get my motor back!!