PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects.....

bpimpdaddy21
10-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Wow, been a while since I have posted here, good to be back on the forums. Anyway, I have done a search on this stuff, and have put together what I plan to do this winter. I am looking to get feedback on what people think about what I wanna do, and if they have any suggestions of where to get any of the stuff, so here goes: (I am on a budget, so this all works perfectly for price, but would like to hear of prefereably the better setup for the engine, cant afford the high end suspension!)

Works TRS A/T Steelers w/ Rezzies
Burgard +2 A-arms
Galfer Stainless brake lines

HotCams Stage 2
Wiseco 11:1 Comp. Std. Bore piston
Magnum CDI Rev Box

Please give me your inputs on this stuff, preferably the engine mods, and if I should expect to see a nice gain out of this. Thanks!

drifterx
10-06-2004, 07:25 PM
Sounds pretty good to me. Should rip when your done, especially with all the mods you already have! :D

speedy400
10-06-2004, 07:35 PM
If I was you, for your motor, I'd skip on the rev box and make that bore a 416, and instead of 11 to 1, make it a 10.8 to 1, so you can run pump with no problem(11 to 1 I believe your a little on the line for running premium...) then a port and polish and you'll deft see some nice inprovments, and that with with the port and polish you wont be needing to go in the motor again if you want more performance unless you go all out with bigger valves and such. Also with the 10.8 to 1 comp you have a little better reliability. Looks good! have some fun working on it, I know I did.-darren

bpimpdaddy21
10-07-2004, 06:27 AM
I should have been a little clearer on what I wanted to do. I really don't want to get into boring yet, cause not sure if I am gonna update to a 450R in the next year or two, and I just don't there are no good machine shops around here that bore, and don't want to send the cylinder out in the mail. So I am looking to do the mods I listed, just not sure what products to go with, and looking for the best combo that will be good for some MX racing at Southwick MX338, and also some woods riding, but mostly looking for the improvement for MX. Thanks.

TRXRacer1
10-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Looking good but don't worry about a .2:1 difference in your piston compression.

bpimpdaddy21
10-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Cool, thanks. Actually have GT Thunder Rev Box on the way, along with Lonestar axle, and plan on getting the A-arms and shocks pretty soon. Cam and piston will be this winter, as will the install of the rest of the stuff. Thanks for the help!