PDA

View Full Version : Ressies?

nemesis
10-06-2004, 05:49 PM
I am going to purchase a set of front shocks in a month. I am looking at the triple rate Elka's w/o ressies. Is it worth it to pay the extra $250-300(estimate) for the ressies? I ride at the MX most of the time but I also hit the trails. I don't race but I do ride pretty hard.
Would it be a good idea to get the shocks w/o ressies and then put remote ressies on?

What exactly is the benefit of ressies?

thanks,
Daryl

boogiechile
10-06-2004, 11:24 PM
without the rezzies the shocks will fade when they heat up. This will happen very easy on the mx track. Takes only about 15 minutes of hard riding. The rezzies will help keep the shock fluid cool to prevent the fade. I would get the rezzies.

hondarider2006
10-07-2004, 12:09 PM
I would also say get the rezzy's if you ride on the mx track. Also, if you plan on adding a bunch of stuff up front (stabilizer etc..) I would recommend getting the piggy backs, or you will have one hell of a time mounting them.

frozenh2o
10-07-2004, 12:20 PM
The shock with rezzie is a significantly better shock. It's not just the extra oil that makes a difference. The version without the reservoir is called an emulsion type shock. There is always a small amount of air that is mixed with the oil. This trapped air produces a less consistant action. The reservoir style allows all the air to be removed from the oil, providing a more consistant, effective and predictable shock.

nemesis
10-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info. I will just save up for an extra month and then get the elka triple rate w/ ressies.
Are these front shocks going to make me buy a rear elka too:D

hondarider2006
10-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by nemesis
Are these front shocks going to make me buy a rear elka too:D

Yes you will want a rear shock someday...but the stock one will work fine for now:cool: