PDA

View Full Version : computer help.......

chucked
10-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Maybe you can tell me... On my laptop i cannot view my band's website's guestbook entries, but on my desktop I can, a few other people have told me that they cannot view the entries also. Is it something to do with the computer or the website?

bansheeguy77
10-06-2004, 10:00 AM
it might be a program that is not installed to open the page. kinda like a flash or pdf file.

zephead400ex
10-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Does it give you some sort of error when trying to view the site? What are they symptoms when trying to get to the guestbooK?

What version of Winows?
Have you installed SP2 (if running XP)?

chucked
10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Does it give you some sort of error when trying to view the site? What are they symptoms when trying to get to the guestbooK?

What version of Winows?
Have you installed SP2 (if running XP)?

I am on widows xp on both, i have not installed SP2 on either computers because of all the bad things I have heard about it. My desktop is 5 years old and still running as good as the day i got it, I dont want to risk anything. Not being able to view the GB entries is the only problem I have with the laptop.

zephead400ex
10-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Does it tell you "Page cannot be displayed?" Or what does it say?

So the site the guestbook is on loads fine, just not the guestbooK?

I'm sure I can help you out on this, just give me some more symptoms or as to what it tells you when the page can't load.

Have you deleted your cookies and temp internet files?

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> delete cookies -> delete files -> setting -> view files. Make sure eveything in the temp internet history box is gone, if not, delete everything here manually.

Try that, get back to me.

chucked
10-06-2004, 02:33 PM
well it was just blank, like no one had signed it yet...

I still cant view it.....

zephead400ex
10-06-2004, 02:52 PM
What's the website link?

So the guestbook comes up, just blank entries? Hmm...

chucked
10-06-2004, 06:52 PM
www.mistakenimage.com