PDA

View Full Version : Pipe + Jetting ?

LazeR
10-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I know this has been done a thousand times, but my pipe should be here anyday i went and got a 42 pilot jet. I'm gettin an HMF Slip-on, and i already have the mods in my sig, i will most likely run without my air lid unless i need it. I am at about 400 feet elevation and ride at the sand dunes (Sea level) alot, How many turns should i go out on the fuel screw ? Should i move the needle ? and what would be a good first size main jet to try? (dynojet)

Thank you ahead of time, and sorry to have to make another jetting post l:rolleyes:

hondarider2006
10-06-2004, 12:14 PM
With your lid off, try the 155 mj that comes with the kit, install the 42 pilot, remove your choke and go about 2 turns out on the air/mixture screw. That should be really close if not dead on;)

400ex men
10-06-2004, 12:42 PM
and if that dont work what he thin play with it lil but that Should work:)

LazeR
10-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
With your lid off, try the 155 mj that comes with the kit, install the 42 pilot, remove your choke and go about 2 turns out on the air/mixture screw. That should be really close if not dead on;)

Thanx man, Should i move my needle at all ?

hondarider2006
10-07-2004, 12:21 AM
With that dyno jet needle...I could never get the damn thing right. I finaly ran the stock needle with dyno jets, but I read not to do that. I would just leave it where it is at and see how it runs. Ride at night, and if your headers start to glow at 1/2 throttle, you know your lean;)