PDA

View Full Version : anyone used these for FT racing???

QuadJunkies
10-06-2004, 12:45 AM
I saw a site that had these for sale. Was wondering if they were any good or not??? Im just exploring some tire ideas for the minis for this winter racing.... :)

PTMracing
10-06-2004, 09:27 PM
They look heavy??? And you know how crucial weight savings is on mini's. What I prefer is Hoosier fronts and go-cart tires on the rear, Burrus (sp). Takes less for the little motors to turn over.:)

QuadJunkies
10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by PTMracing
They look heavy??? And you know how crucial weight savings is on mini's. What I prefer is Hoosier fronts and go-cart tires on the rear, Burrus (sp). Takes less for the little motors to turn over.:) I have no idea what they weigh, but a racing Co. sells them in a pkg. for FT racing tires... I would be interested in the weight and how well they performed

maggiesboy
10-11-2004, 09:11 AM
I have a set of those beasts for my full size machine. They are very heavy! I don't have a clue what the kids tires weigh, but I bet it ain't light. Good performing tire.

dirtmomma
10-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey Tina as for putting those on the mini's I don't know about that, I have a set of rears for my 300 & they are VERY heavy!! And I don't use them @ the indoor tracks, they don't hook up well I didn't think, you can watch my vids & I'm just spinning & spitting. We run the little turf savers on the LEM & the LT when DJ was racing that! If I was you I would stick w/ your tires you have? Unless your running a Class C only track but the "turf savers" are WAY WAY lighter :) Same w/ the go cart tires, thats what was supposed to go on the rear of the LEM but Papa messed up ;) but when we aren't paying I guess we can't complain huh :)
Good luck!! do they really sell those Duro's for mini's BTW???

QuadJunkies
10-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Hey Tina as for putting those on the mini's I don't know about that, I have a set of rears for my 300 & they are VERY heavy!! And I don't use them @ the indoor tracks, they don't hook up well I didn't think, you can watch my vids & I'm just spinning & spitting. We run the little turf savers on the LEM & the LT when DJ was racing that! If I was you I would stick w/ your tires you have? Unless your running a Class C only track but the "turf savers" are WAY WAY lighter :) Same w/ the go cart tires, thats what was supposed to go on the rear of the LEM but Papa messed up ;) but when we aren't paying I guess we can't complain huh :)
Good luck!! do they really sell those Duro's for mini's BTW??? thanks for that info!!! Yeah DM they sell them here (http://www.hardrockmotorsports.com/90cc/mini%20tires/mini%20wheels%20pg.htm) We are just using the 16 inch shredders right now on the rear. Im REALLY hating the holeshot fronts too on ANY of our machines too much push on them things:grr: So Im going to be on a mission to find a better front tire for the kids too. if the Grooved radials werent so high priced, I might try those for them:D

dirtmomma
10-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Hmmm so you don't like the holeshots on the fronts huh?? DJ runs the holeshot mx on the front of the blaster & really likes them, they are for hardpack. I'm thinking/wondering what the Kenda Klaw mx would be like on the fronts?? Don't you guys have some of those? Maybe I'm thinking of the rears :) How bout a set of baby Hoosier/AR on the fronts?? Well I know what you mean about the radials, I wish we could get another set for the blaster, his fronts are almost wore all the way down :eek: it should be an interesting season LOL I think he's gonna be focusing more on the 250-350 4 strk class since he'll be racing adults & would love to whip em all hehe, well good luck on the search ;)

maggiesboy
10-13-2004, 09:55 PM
You can get the Kumho radials from Les Schwab for $36.00 each. not to bad IMO. Bill

QuadJunkies
10-13-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
You can get the Kumho radials from Les Schwab for $36.00 each. not to bad IMO. Bill you wouldnt happen to have a pic of those tires would you??? I do ALOT with Les Schwab:)

dirtmomma
10-14-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by maggiesboy
You can get the Kumho radials from Les Schwab for $36.00 each. not to bad IMO. Bill

YES Bill PLEASE do show us a pic :) Hell they sponsor DJ a little & I neer even thought of them tires if I can get them for that price I guess he'll be sporting radials in the front of the blasty too :):)
That means I'll have to find some front rims cuz he wouldn't like them on the trails BELIEVE me LOL, especaially the mudd huh Bill hehehehe ;)