PDA

View Full Version : 05 YFZ Electrical

Southtown00
10-05-2004, 08:41 PM
I read in DW that yamaha fixed the electrical/stator problem in the yfz. I think the stator is actually different. Just FYI

atvrulz
10-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I am definitly buying that 05' electrical shyt for my 04' YFZ. I went through four batteries this summer. Now they corrected the problem. Now my YFZ is going to rule.

jcs327
10-17-2004, 12:53 PM
I have an 05 w/ bout 30 hours on it. Mine would not start the other day, turned over real slow. Took my battery to the dealer and it checked bad. Parts guy said he did not have the battery in stock, so he gave me a smaller battery and said that would hold me until my new one came in. I took my wife and kid riding and let my wife ride the 450. 4 miles from the truck in the middle of the woods 20 minutes before dark she cut it off and it would not start back. She had been running the headlights as told by the yama dealer. To make a long story short, me on a race built 400 with no headlights of course, my 5 year old girl on her 50 with no lights, and my wife on the 450 that would go dead every time she turned the lights on. Morale of the story- 05 electrical not solved, 2 hours to go 4 miles in the dark with a pissed off old lady and a scared kid. NOT TOO GOOD.

5valves
10-20-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jcs327
I have an 05 w/ bout 30 hours on it. Mine would not start the other day, turned over real slow. Took my battery to the dealer and it checked bad. Parts guy said he did not have the battery in stock, so he gave me a smaller battery and said that would hold me until my new one came in. I took my wife and kid riding and let my wife ride the 450. 4 miles from the truck in the middle of the woods 20 minutes before dark she cut it off and it would not start back. She had been running the headlights as told by the yama dealer. To make a long story short, me on a race built 400 with no headlights of course, my 5 year old girl on her 50 with no lights, and my wife on the 450 that would go dead every time she turned the lights on. Morale of the story- 05 electrical not solved, 2 hours to go 4 miles in the dark with a pissed off old lady and a scared kid. NOT TOO GOOD.

Doesnt sound like a good experience.
I wonder if the dealer did the prep right?
I ordered mine the day they anounced them in June of 03, I got the first one he got, and went to see it in the box. He told me I couldnt have it till it had been on the battery charger for at least 12 hours.
My buddy got the second one and two other friends have gotten them from the same dealer.
None of us have had any battery problemd yet.
I am the only one of us that has taken there lights off. My lights have been removed since early spring.
If its that new a good dealer should take care of all your problems.

intruder
10-22-2004, 03:47 AM
This is from another site

Contrary to a few rumors - the 05 is not fixed - I have 2 of them here now.

www.gtthunder.com