PDA

View Full Version : ubanazation

Martin Blair
10-05-2004, 07:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has notices the grotwh of there local city and that spreading into the country. I mean we use to live is a town of maybe 50,000 thats way to big for me but we where out of city limites and the intersection dwon from our house was gravel and it came to a cloverleaf on the 2 lane highway, but now 10year later there is a 4 lane paved road out there a huge intersettion, streetlights, 3 new schools, 2 new subdavision, a huge shopping center on what used to be wide open country and our city pop now is about 100,000s double in 10 years, thats bs. I like living in the country and having some land but so many damn people our mcing out there now buy us rich mofo a acre is upwards of $25,000 none of us "good ole boys" can aford that the people who have bailed hay, or cut wheat, or woke up and plowed fields all day long cant aford any land close to the sity at all anymore. It just pisses me off, to see all these millionaires out in the country that live in these new developments where you live the "country life" on a 4 acre lot and a lawn matenice guy cuts your grass and you live on a paved street.

bulkdriverlp
10-05-2004, 08:03 PM
you forgot the R in urban, anyways farmers around here are selling off their fields in 5-10 acre parcels for people to build on. some farmers are turning the fields into golf courses. makes more money i guess. the back roads i used to drive around and drink beers and hit deer with are mostly blacktop now. oh im out of that stage anyways. sucks none the less

JUSTINcredible
10-05-2004, 08:06 PM
for sure... I used to live in a toen of about 500 and now about 10 years later it has grown to 4000. then we moved to a town about 50 miles west of the twin cities that at the time this town was like 5000 and now we are coming on 8000. our house was right on the city limits and now the city limits are about half mile further than where they used to be... more house are going up each day.

our county never used to be considerd part of the metro area but in the last 2 years they have had to expand the twin cities metro area.

all the highways that used to go right thru town are now being bypassed around. ive been noticing alot around here changing the last few years

Big400EX
10-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Imagine living in New York, where all the immigrants and people come looking for jobs. It's crazy. Houses are getting built wherever there is dirt around us. :rolleyes:

Woodsrider
10-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I was wondering if anyone else has notices the grotwh of there local city and that spreading into the country. I mean we use to live is a town of maybe 50,000 thats way to big for me but we where out of city limites and the intersection dwon from our house was gravel and it came to a cloverleaf on the 2 lane highway, but now 10year later there is a 4 lane paved road out there a huge intersettion, streetlights, 3 new schools, 2 new subdavision, a huge shopping center on what used to be wide open country and our city pop now is about 100,000s double in 10 years, thats bs. I like living in the country and having some land but so many damn people our mcing out there now buy us rich mofo a acre is upwards of $25,000 none of us "good ole boys" can aford that the people who have bailed hay, or cut wheat, or woke up and plowed fields all day long cant aford any land close to the sity at all anymore. It just pisses me off, to see all these millionaires out in the country that live in these new developments where you live the "country life" on a 4 acre lot and a lawn matenice guy cuts your grass and you live on a paved street.

I think the city council needs to tax the developers to fund new books, and better pay for teachers in your town. Because they sure aren't getting the job done now:o
J/P but seriously, urban growth is a real problem. What is the answer?:(

Martin Blair
10-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I know I can not spell sorry, I got an idea you must pass a test in order to live in the country like move hay bails in so many minutes, do you hunt? described coutry life, a test to be able to move out there.

Woodsrider
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I know I can not spell sorry, I got an idea you must pass a test in order to live in the country like move hay bails in so many minutes, do you hunt? described coutry life, a test to be able to move out there.

I concur, I come from a town where the population is 70,000, and has been forever. I moved to a small town 40 miles from Seattle. When I moved out here 13 years ago, my commute was 35 to 40 minutes each way to work. Now its 70 to 90 minutes each way.
It used to be 10 minutes to good hunting. Now its over an hour. Our house is on a small lot(1/6th acre), and its considered huge by todays standards, because I have room to park an RV or play catch. I think this will be the last season I get to see the elk calve in the pasture across the street. Soon it will give way to another subdivision, and more traffic.:(

Quad18star
10-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Wanna talk about Urbanization??? Take a look at Barrie , Ontario Canada .... fastest growing city in Canada and from what I've heard , the fastest growing in North America . They are only 45 minutes north of Toronto and just 5 years ago , had a population of 30 000 people ..... they are now over 100 000 ( 120 000 i do believe) . I give it another 5 years and the cities of Toronto and Barrie will be connected . If you're from Ontario , young and are looking for new opportunities , Barrie is the palce to go . I have 3 family memebers and a bunch of friends that went down to the Honda plant just outside of Barrie and all got hired on the spot . If it wasn't for my job I have now , I'd be moving to Barrie .