PDA

View Full Version : ATV school paper.. i need you fellas help

redrider311
10-05-2004, 07:09 PM
hey im writing a 5 page persuasive paper about why atv regulations should be changed.. since this has been a huge factor and disucussion topic here and other forums.. im asking you guys for some arguments to change the regualtions.. i dont want any repsonses that dont give a good argument.. but if you have an argument that would persuade anyone to maybe change the regualtions.. post it on here.. if this all works well.. im sending it to missouri department of transportation to see about changing the regualtions.... if you know any good websites that could tell me when the regulations were made.. and other importany details that would be most helpful... thanks for any responses.. remember if i get enough info to create a good argument.. my techer will send it to missouri department of trans.

thanks in advance guys

I-7
10-05-2004, 07:32 PM
http://www.amadirectlink.com/

They have lots of articles there about two stroke emissions and laws

TheFontMaster
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
One thing I think I read somewhere about 2 strokes is that with the 2 stroke engines only being in dirtbikes, snowmobieles and atv's, and being small engines is that there isn't enough gases or oil or whatever being burnt by them to make an impact on the environment. I don't know how much truth there is behind this, but I though it was cool and that I should mention it.

bulkdriverlp
10-05-2004, 08:19 PM
people can ride pedal bikes on the road and little motorized skate boards but why cant we ride atvs on the road. atvs can be seen more easily than enduro bikes because they are wider and have 2 headlights that are spaced (most) so you can distinguish what it is. why can little motor scooters like the razz for example ride the roads? over 16 around here you dont even need to wear a helmet!. if the industry puts blinkers and everything else on atvs to make them street legal, even street tires that are low profile and more rigid than the "baloon type" that we have now there is no reason we cant ride em on the roads. j.m.o.

redrider311
10-05-2004, 08:45 PM
alright after alot of looking up stuff.. and searching.. long hours haha.. i think i may have a solution... ive found that alot of states dont even record atv accidents.. and that you dont even have to wear a helmet to ride.. so not only should regulations becoem laws.. i think maybe the idea of a personal ATV license similar to yoru drivers license.. wouldnt be a bad idea.. it would keep alot of people that dont take this sport seriously out of it... and it would keep the gov. off our back thinking were just a bunch of hooligans on 4 wheels and make them think we respect the land and our self control.. what do you guys think of these ideas so far?

250ex rida
10-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
people can ride pedal bikes on the road and little motorized skate boards but why cant we ride atvs on the road. atvs can be seen more easily than enduro bikes because they are wider and have 2 headlights that are spaced (most) so you can distinguish what it is. why can little motor scooters like the razz for example ride the roads? over 16 around here you dont even need to wear a helmet!. if the industry puts blinkers and everything else on atvs to make them street legal, even street tires that are low profile and more rigid than the "baloon type" that we have now there is no reason we cant ride em on the roads. j.m.o.

id go with his idea

redrider311
10-06-2004, 09:48 AM
alright i really like the idea of making them street legal.. what are some reaonable arguments for that? i understand the pedal bike and scooter.. but so far thats all we have against it.. ay ideas for that?

redrider311
10-06-2004, 09:54 AM
alright i really like the idea of making them street legal.. what are some reaonable arguments for that? i understand the pedal bike and scooter.. but so far thats all we have against it.. ay ideas for that?

416mx
10-06-2004, 11:13 AM
I WANT TO KNOW WHY IN IL. YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A HELMENT ON A STREET BIKE , BUT HAVE TO WEAR A SEAT BELT IN A CAR? MAKES NO SENSE!:rolleyes:

TheFontMaster
10-06-2004, 03:40 PM
Heres something interesting. One of my friends got a ticket for ridin on the raod but the cop told him he could have given him like 8 tickets. One of then being that he wasn't wearing a seatbelt:confused: That makes no sense at all to me because streetbikes don't need a seatbelt.

416mx
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Guess the cop never seen a street bike before!!:eek2: :D

bulkdriverlp
10-08-2004, 09:28 PM
^^free bump^^ celebrating my good idea.lol.

redrider311
10-13-2004, 10:06 AM
alright ive done alot more reasearch and came up with my 3 arguments..

1 street legal- were trying to get this passed;)

2 helmet law- needs to be done

3 when you buy an ATV license- you need to sign a contract saying that you assume responsibilty for yours and others actions on this ATV and you will not sue the city or manufactuer for you own faults.. unless there is a manufactuer defect on the ATV or something out of your control

i know you may think they are wrong.. but this will keep the people off ATVs that are errisponsible and cause us to loose the few riding privlages that we have...

anything that should be tweaked with these?

MY450R
10-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by redrider311
alright after alot of looking up stuff.. and searching.. long hours haha.. i think i may have a solution... ive found that alot of states dont even record atv accidents.. and that you dont even have to wear a helmet to ride.. so not only should regulations becoem laws.. i think maybe the idea of a personal ATV license similar to yoru drivers license.. wouldnt be a bad idea.. it would keep alot of people that dont take this sport seriously out of it... and it would keep the gov. off our back thinking were just a bunch of hooligans on 4 wheels and make them think we respect the land and our self control.. what do you guys think of these ideas so far?
bad idea why?
cause the gov. is in everyones life already and i dont want to pay insurance and exise tax and registration on something i use in the woods not only that i'd have to renew my lisence and pay fees after fees
having the damn government in my life never made it better only worse!