PDA

View Full Version : Talk about bad customer service

roostin_dale
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
well, alot of you know that i blew up my motor at southwick. I sent it off to Sparks to have it built. When i sent it off they told me it would be back in 6 weeks. well, 6 weeks had gone by so i gave them a call to find out where it was. To my supprise they havent even started on it yet. They sat it to the side and havent even touched it. Now that really pisses me off, makes me not want to give them my money...

I have always been a sparks fan and have always purchased there products....but i dont think i will by anything from them again. Now im not going to make it to any more races this season...

Just letting you know, if your looking to have your engine built, stay away from saprks, unless you have plenty of time...:mad:

Martin Blair
10-05-2004, 06:10 PM
yeah unless your a a big caliber pro rider they really dont care when they get your crap back to you, which isnt a way to run a busness, theres maybe 100 pros and millions of amatures you dont blow off all of us to serve 10 pros.

I-7
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I have had something happen like that at a local motor store. At the end of may I blew the top and bottom end on my 125. We sent it out to a guy in PA and he said it should be done within a month. I thought a month was pretty long but I agreed. A month went by... I called he never started it. He said it would be done next monday. I called him next tuesday... he never started it.... he said it would be done in another 5 days. I call a week later... he still hasnt started it and by now it was july 20th. It happened may 27th. So I decided to give him one more try and he said one more week and I called him and he still hasnt started it. I told him that its ridiculous because it has been sitting there not touched for almost 2 months now. He said that he had to put his regular customers in front so we drove up there and took the motor. We took it to another local guy and he had it done in 2 days. Some people just dont have respect for people. How would he gain more "regular" customers if he doesnt treat first time customers with respect :mad: . Sorry to here your predicament :(

roostin_dale
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
today they told me that they are going to start on it and it will be here by next friday...I will believe it when i see it

roostin_dale
10-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by I-7
How would he gain more "regular" customers if he doesnt treat first time customers with respect :mad: .

thats another thing...this isnt the first time. I bought an exhaust and it was 4 days late from when it was supposed to be here.

I have had engines built by sparks in the past and i can say they are very well built, but the customer service sucks...

If you call them and aks them questions, they are very helpfull about it. But when they are doing something for you, its a different story...

mojoe2878
10-05-2004, 07:50 PM
i know how you feel. took a cr500 to get a complete rebuild a few years ago and it took the guy 5 months to do a job that he said would be done in 3 weeks. but that wasnt the major problem, when i got it back it would only shift to first and back to neutral. took him another 3 months to fix his screw up. thats why i work on all my own stuff now. i made sure that everyone i knew doesnt take anything to him again.

roostin_dale
10-16-2004, 04:24 PM
jeesh! well they did it again! They told me it would be back be friday (yesterday)...and i recieved a phone call today. Motor is still not finished...their supposed ot ship it out on monday:o i doubt it

I-7
10-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear it.. :( Look on the bright side.... when you get it back you will be 10 times happier :D ... ok well maybe you wont.

roostin_dale
10-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by I-7
Sorry to hear it.. :( Look on the bright side.... when you get it back you will be 10 times happier :D ... ok well maybe you wont.

I might sell the damn thing when it comes back!:devil: I need money

JDiablo
10-16-2004, 04:37 PM
ill buy it for 2000:D

bandit390
10-16-2004, 07:33 PM
6 weeks and you are already complaining? lol It takes them months just to open the package. Then the wait really starts to build up.

roostin_dale
10-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by bandit390
6 weeks and you are already complaining? lol It takes them months just to open the package. Then the wait really starts to build up.

read it again! it was supposed ot be back in 6 weeks! and its a little late!!

And i wasnt going to send it to them in the first place! I called them to ask some questions and they said "well since we built it we want to see it"..."send it to us and we will jump on it first thing, and put other things aside".....the thing im mad about is that they lie about everything

Anyone that has a problem, if you call them they will blow you off, they wont help you. Or if you order a pipe and they tell you "4 days"...it will take at least a week!

bradley300
10-16-2004, 11:13 PM
next time send it to gthunder! sparks build good motors, but laz are just as nice, prolly more reliable and he has excellent customer service and good turn around time

popo
10-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
next time send it to gthunder! sparks build good motors, but laz are just as nice, prolly more reliable and he has excellent customer service and good turn around time

I had mine done in two weeks

bradley300
10-16-2004, 11:34 PM
i sent laz a complet basket case of a motor and told him to take his time, 2 mothns later i had it back wich was less than i expected and the price wa unbeleivable

roostin_dale
10-17-2004, 11:57 AM

:mad: now you tell me...haha

brian-250
10-17-2004, 12:26 PM
i sent laz a complet basket case of a motor and told him to take his time, 2 mothns later i had it back wich was less than i expected and the price wa unbeleivable

Yup, he said he could do my 452 in about 3 to 4 weeks.:eek2:

JDiablo
10-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
Yup, he said he could do my 452 in about 3 to 4 weeks.:eek2:

he we go again:macho :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
10-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by brian-250
Yup, I can eat 452 twinkies in about 3 to 4 weeks.:eek2:

and yet they are filing Chapter 11? :confused: :blah:

JDiablo