PDA

View Full Version : 400ex nerfs HELP

wishin4ahonda15
10-05-2004, 05:55 PM
i ordered some dg alloy nerfs and i cant get the bolts off that hold the pegs on. please any help

quad
10-06-2004, 06:20 AM
Spray the bolts with a lubricant,such as wd-40,or pb blaster.Let it sit for a few minutes.Take your allen wrench,put it on the bolt.If that dont do it,take a ratchet extension,with a small diameter deepwell socket(diameter,just big enough to slide over the allen wrench).Slide the socket end over the allen wrench about 1/2 way down.Hold the extension end in your hand,and use it for leverage.This is how I did mine,but you can also use a small diameter pipe also,known as a "cheater".Hope this helps,n watch ya knuckles!!:D

jjthekj
10-06-2004, 10:43 AM
A good set of allen "sockets" is a great investment. That's what I usually use. As I recall the first time mine came off I had to use a breaker bar with the socket on it. I've aso found that a good T handle can really handle a lot of torque.
I believe they use some hard core threadlock on the footpeg bolts. If you end up mangling your bolts, know that they are very specific bolts and should be replaced with the same bolts from the dealer. You won't find them in the local hardware store.

wishin4ahonda15
10-06-2004, 06:28 PM
thanks they are off and nerfs on!