PDA

View Full Version : 250ex

tiger250ex
10-05-2004, 05:49 PM
i think the Honda 250ex is the better of them all because honda seems more reliable.I read a dirtwheels mag about a blaster a z250 and a300ex also a polaris 250 and a 250exand a kawasaki mojave in a performance competition the blaster has no reverse gear and you have to rebuild the top end every year. they said the mojave needed a new look and it was hard to kick over at times. the mag said that the polaris was uncomfortable and too much automatic stuff they said the 300ex nedded a better way to get in to the reverse gear and is easy to tip over. The z 250 had some negative comments but i forget wat they were. but there were no negative things that i read about the Honda. thats the truth! the back end of a z250 isn't like a real quad back end where the chain is so the Z isn't even like a real quad !!!I also have a question has anyone ever raced at SLEPPY HOLLOW?

YFZ450Ridr
10-05-2004, 09:23 PM
both the Z250 and 250Ex have a shaft drive back end, no chain and no disk brake, a sealed drum in back. jsut because it has shaft drive doesnt meen its not a real quad. look at the Kawasaki Vforce, its shaft drive and is every bit of a real quad. the 250ex is still a great quad tho. ive had mine comin up on 3 years now and its doing great. not a bad quad for starting out.

balla250ex
10-07-2004, 12:42 PM
I can't say that I have ever raced any of those quads. I've ridden with a mojave before (my cousin) but we never raced.

As far as reliability goes the 250EX wins by a landslide. I've had mine since '01 and it's been a very tough little quad. It may not be the fastest or best looking but as far as toughness goes it's tough to beat.

my buddy used to have a Polaris Trailblaze 250. (2-stroke)
we raced a handful of times I would wax his arse like there was nothing to it. I even had a top end advantage over him... The thing that surprised me is you would think a 250 2-stroke would waste a 250 four stroke... but it was'nt the case. The only reason I could come up with is that since the trailblazer is an automatic, it shifts slower and not at the right time to squeeze every bit of power out of it.