PDA

View Full Version : Grooved radial tires

Blackguywithouta400
04-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Where is a good place to buy grooved radial tires at? I need to buy front tires but I cant decide on running holeshot MX’s in the front or the grooved radials. What brand tires are they? What are the sizes they come in? How are they for anything other then MX riding? Can they take a trail run or just playing around?

04-12-2002, 08:52 AM
I think the cheapest place to get them is James Lucky,,,they are very hard and will outlast ITP MX tires by about 3 years...they aren't worth a crap in the mud but spot on in dry hard packed conditions. Yes they'll work on the trail but there like any small front tire,,you feel every bump and booger on the trail,,because there's no balloon size to them to soften up some of the small stuff you run across.

exriderdude
04-12-2002, 09:04 AM
nacs has them, i think they come in 19 and 20in.

Blackguywithouta400
04-12-2002, 09:14 AM
Here in seattle we get rain every now and then. LMAO so i wonder how they will do in the situation that we have a little mud on the track, up here the dirt gets really soft and mushy or if theres clay super slick maybe my best choice will be the regular holeshots in the 21" size then, it wont lower my quad that much but it might be the best tire to use. How fast do the holeshot mx's wear out? I found where i could get some 19's for like 44.95$

04-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Blackguyona400
How fast do the holeshot mx's wear out?

If you ride on dry packed surfaces,,maybe a full race season,,mine are in need of replacing after about 8 months of use..I don't think the radial's will do ya any good by your discription of the terrain and conditions you'll be riding in,,radials are for dry conditions only,,pretty much....

Kendrick what about the 20 inch MX tires Maxxis and ITP have out,,I'll be goin with the 20 inch next time for sure..

Blackguywithouta400
04-12-2002, 09:23 AM
I think the new 20" IPT tire is also a MX compound. I think i might go with that size really since i like to ride my quad everywhere and im sure the 19 will just be too short.

seven
04-12-2002, 09:40 AM
I had some holeshotmx (19) next to my car radials and they were actualy shorter than my radials. I would go with the 20 holeshot mx if i had to do it again.

400exRacerX
04-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Nac's doesnt sell grooved radials anymore. I just got my grooved radials from K&K today at $68 bucks a tire. Thats the cheapest I've seen and there groove is similar to the Nac's groove. I got the kit though. I got 2 grooved radials on 2 douglas red label rims for $235. I also have the 19inch holeshots on another set of red labels. I run the holeshot mxs in the wet and muddy conditions and the radials for the hard packed. Like rico said the radials arent worth a crap in the mud but they are like no other tire in the hard packed.

dawzie
04-12-2002, 10:20 PM
I have a used pair of grooved radials from Nac's. Raced six times. Dont like them. Went with the 20" holeshots!! $50 plus shipping

Blackguywithouta400
04-12-2002, 10:45 PM
SOLD send me your address VIA PM ill send u the money ill send you 65$
that should cover shipping

Blackguywithouta400
04-12-2002, 10:46 PM
What did they feel like? What was the difference? I still want them im just curious.

dawzie
04-13-2002, 07:25 AM
Tires are gone!!

They are a very hard tire. Last a long time. You can feel every little stone. Do not work well in mud or loam.