PDA

View Full Version : Chain for 400ex

Depalma
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the input seems everyone leans toward the DID chain I looked at the 520 ert $50.00 or the x-ring $65.00 price wise no big deal the 520 is gold the x-ring is gold sides is the 520 ert a o ring chain? What the hell is the difference between o-ring x-ring and non o ring, I dont think I should put one without O ring on because stock it comes with and o ring. DID states that the 520 is what Honda, kaw, yam are all using in there sponser rides. Sorry I just haven't bought nothing for my 400 in a while my wife and kids are getting everything it is time to spread the wealth you guys know the feeling.

TRXRacer1
10-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah I know the feeling, I'm itching to give my 400 some attention too. I'm probably the minority here but every DID O-ring chain I've ran has stretched really bad. I've had better luck with RK.

cals400ex
10-05-2004, 10:05 PM
i have had good luck and no stretching out of my DID x-ring. the x-ring is the same concept as the o-ring but it is supposed to hold in oil better which makes less friction. some claim it holds in more dirt though too. i dont know. the non o-ring chains don't have o-rings. these are better for drag racing or something like that. they can't handle as much abuse from what i read. however, some seem to love them. i went with the DID x-ring because i called 2 engine builders and both recommended that chain. i figured if both recommend that chain right off the top of their head, it can't be too bad.

10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
xring just sounds fancy...stay with an oring