PDA

View Full Version : wayne nat'l forest

chad cavagnaro
10-05-2004, 11:46 AM
i know this place has been discussed before, but im about to drive over 800 mls to meet some friends to ride in logan ohio @ wayne national forest. i am wanting to do some cross country/harescramble type of riding. will i be disapointed to ride here or will i like it. if not were are some more areas close by, within 1 hr drive. i could not convince them to go race the gncc. they do not race! i would love to race it . thanks in advance:rolleyes:

Foxrage
10-05-2004, 01:32 PM
I dont know if its worth the 800 miles but i do know if you like trails it is an awsome place to ride. I rode there for the first time and i live 40 minutes away. I rode through about 2 tanks of gas in one day. I like the trails because you can ride hard all day long. Maybe you should have them meet you at hatfield mcoy in west virginia. It might even be a little better. plus its a few 100 miles shorter drive lol.

FMFBOY
10-14-2004, 09:43 AM
bring alot of fuel, very long trails:eek2:

chad cavagnaro
10-14-2004, 09:52 AM
went to wayne nat. for. good trails, fast and fun and well maintained. rode for a couple of hrs. then went to powerline park and raced gncc. got 12th in my class 4strk c 33 and up.
thanks for the info on wnf. well worth the trip!:)

ufd2300ex
10-14-2004, 11:45 AM
theres Perry state forest between Someset and New Lexington you can get to it from SR 345 or SR 669...its on twp rd154 it costs nothing to get in and theres alot of room....

Quadfather
10-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I was at The Wayne last weekend. We rode the Monday Creek area, as usual. The trails were perfect.

Engine Tech
10-20-2004, 01:42 PM
If anyone would like to ride some non government wayne trails that are 10 times better let me know. You can ride for days and never ride the same trails twice if you don't want to.

EXrider65
11-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I live in northern KY 5 min. from Ohio and ride Wayne Nat. all the time. They have a couple trail heads down this way (RT 650 Hanging Rock Area, Wolcott Trail Head, Telegragh Trail Head ) all Wayne Nat. riding. Riders have came from Mich.,Ill. and so on to ride here. At Hendersonville outside of Athens (about 2 hrs away) is GREAT riding and I feel lucky to have all the riding places in my home area. We have a great time and would like 2 hook up with some riders in this area.

Engine Tech
11-03-2004, 11:18 AM
The Wayne trails I ride are about 20 minutes from Athens just outside of Nelsonville, Ohio. There are 4 different Trail heads that you can ride from. If you would be interested in coming up in a few weeks we can show you guys around.

www.enginetechatv.com

KawieVforce69
11-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Yo Engine Tech, I ride with stupid, you know him as EXrider65. He said to check out your info about the trails close to Athens (Wayne National). If we don't hook up with you guys to ride, do you have any directions for us ? The Athens trails are prob the best we have ridden for a fee, well maintained as they are, and the camp sites stocked with fire wood is a plus. We come in from the Nelsonville side to the Dorr Run trails through town on 33, by the Rocky Boot outlet. If you could give us some directions to the trails you guys ride we would be moocho greatful. And if we did ride with you one day we could hook you up with a Mountain Dew, after all it's the trail beverage of champions.

Engine Tech
11-09-2004, 11:02 AM
The Trails we ride are not part of the government trails they connect to those trails. Just look for unmarked trails of off the main corridor.

KawieVforce69
11-09-2004, 03:15 PM
We explore a lot when we ride the Wayne National trails here at home. We have checked out a few in Athens... are the trails u speak of near the camper that is set up as a canteen.