PDA

View Full Version : subs

smith_400ex_213
10-05-2004, 07:36 AM
hey i got just bought a sony cdx-f5700 mp3/cd player...and had best buy install it...and when i bought it i had just the stock speakers in it...and jsut last night a friend sold me pair of 10 in. Rockford Fosgate subs...and i want to install them....when i took my deck out to look at what i need i seen on the instalation guide were the sub plug in goes...and the is a little wire with like 2 light bulb lookin ends on it....what do i need to hook my subs up

derekhonda
10-05-2004, 08:46 AM
I dont have a clue what you are talking about, but if you are trying to run 2 subs directly into the back of your deck, i would seek a professional to install them for you. You are going to need an amp, which will be connected to your deck via a set of RCA cords, and a Remote Wire Cord (to power your amp on and off in sequence with your car) You will also have to power your amp, and ground it.

From your amp, is where you will run the speakers to.

quadrcr161
10-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I dont have a clue what you are talking about, but if you are trying to run 2 subs directly into the back of your deck, i would seek a professional to install them for you. You are going to need an amp, which will be connected to your deck via a set of RCA cords, and a Remote Wire Cord (to power your amp on and off in sequence with your car) You will also have to power your amp, and ground it.

From your amp, is where you will run the speakers to.

what he said, and look around to see if there is an actual stereo shop in your area. look to see their work and how they do business. you will get a much better install and a better sounds then from a place like CC or best buy

npsxtreme
10-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Your Sony has 3 sets of pre-outs; front, rear, and subwoofer (non-fading). First off, you need an amplifier capable of powering the subs you have. Do not forget that it makes a difference whether the subs are single or dual voive coil. After you have the amp, you should purchase a wiring kit that has the correct size wire suitable for suppling power to your amp. The kit will probably include everything you need, but you should be sure before you purchase and leave so that you will not have to do the job twice. Remember, some amps come with a gain control that you may choose to run up front with you. You have subwoofer control built in the Sony, so the choice is yours.

The kit needs to include:

1. Power wire - connects to battery and positive(+) terminal on amp
2. Fuse holder - place within 18" from battery inline with power wire
3. Ground wire - connects negative(-) terminal on amp to metal chasis of vehicle
4. Remote Wire - connects remote terminal on amp to remote turn on wire on the back of cd player
5. RCA wire - connects the subwoofer output on back of cd player to the signal inputs on the amp

Any more questions are welcome. I will respond ASAP.

smith_400ex_213
10-20-2004, 08:49 AM
yea i didnt know what i was talking about b4 but i fingured it out...i do need an amp so yea i git er