PDA

View Full Version : Good/sound advice needed....

TrxTex
04-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Everyone sure talks a lot about the xr400 cam, pistons, gaskets...etc. How bout the next most important thing.....Wheres the best place to get this stuff????

Im looking to do the following mods and I have my wife talked into it.....therefore I must act quick.

HELP!!!!

Need:
11:1 piston and gaskets...
all around cam....
rev kit maybe....
valve springs maybe...

What the best Place on the net to order this stuff. Not meaning the cheapest....I want the most reliable...fast and friendly.

Im new to this forum so be nice.

400exJOE
04-11-2002, 09:29 PM
Check out our main sponcers (on the links page), quad shop and Marcums ATV. Plus, you get 5% off for being part of this forum. I believe marcums will sell you the piston and cam for under $300 and there is no need for springs with the xr400 cam. I would stay away from the rev box (at least the White Bros. one) because it makes the machine harder to start in the cold or if it is cranking a little slow. Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums. JOE

mopar 400
04-12-2002, 01:20 AM
Terry Marcum is one of the friendliest guys that I have dealt with in the industry. He has great prices and is pretty fast with shipping. You can't complain to much about hopw fast he ships stuff to you, since he eats that and does not charge shipping. I recieved my Works shocks from him in about three weeks, and the cost was awesome. He bea everyones price by about $40.00. I just ordered my 416 kit from him and it is on the way from Florida. Cant beat his prices, and if you ever have any questions he will talk to you on the phone till its fixed.

VegasEx'r
04-12-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mopar 400
Terry Marcum is one of the friendliest guys that I have dealt with in the industry. He has great prices and is pretty fast with shipping. You can't complain to much about hopw fast he ships stuff to you, since he eats that and does not charge shipping. .

Yeah, Terry is great. The piston, gaskets & cam will cost about $275. I don't know about the valve springs, and as a "proud" owner of an aftermarket rev box, I can say they aren't worth the cost.

CranMan
04-12-2002, 11:14 AM
I personally got my 416 kit from PRO-FAb atv. I paid 187 fot the kit including valve stem seals. It was more than some of the other places, but the service was GREAT. Shipping was very fast, and Scott at Pro-Fab answered about fifty questions before I ordered and during re-assembly. He also sent me some very cool Pro-Fab decals, actually he sent me two sets of the graphics, black and yellow. In this case I definitely got what I paid for...

TrxTex
04-12-2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I went ahead and ordered my my stuff today. I found a pretty cheap place and the guy I talked to seemed nice.

I got the web cam all around cam, 11:1 wiseco piston & gaskets, and the rev kit. I chose to get the rev kit because I found myself at the cut out point several times on my last trip to the dunes....Little Sahara, Ok.

I saw a lot of things in the forum about the squish and the compression not ending up to be 11:1. I may need some input for later on next week when I start the install. I sure hope it goes smooooooooth....

Glad to be here.....Thanks in advance for the help I am going to need next week....haha.