PDA

View Full Version : bent handlebars

maynard22
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Well I managed to bend my handlebars two days after i put them on, they bent where the front brake and throttle hook onto the bars, does anyone have any suggestions on how to bend them back, and will they be considerably weaker from bending and then bendin them back?:( :( :(

cdalejef
10-04-2004, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't try to straighten them, they will be very weak. Your best bet is to replace them.

rollie
10-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
I wouldn't try to straighten them, they will be very weak. Your best bet is to replace them.

yeah i would thing if you bend the metal then bendit back it will become easier to snap...my friend bent his back and had to bend them back after every ride cuz they where weak if ya want strong bars renthals are wiiiicked strong and hold up awsome (ive taken a few reall bad falls)...:cool:

400ex28
10-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
yeah i would thing if you bend the metal then bendit back it will become easier to snap...my friend bent his back and had to bend them back after every ride cuz they where weak if ya want strong bars renthals are wiiiicked strong and hold up awsome (ive taken a few reall bad falls)...:cool:

theTman
10-04-2004, 05:25 PM
ya ive rolled/flipped like 15 times on my renthals...not even a bend in em:)

Rootar
10-04-2004, 07:51 PM
im runnin renthals they hold up good ive only rolled once they are still like new no dings they feel alot better than stockers to alot firmer hold on things and now they have those new twin wall renthals which should be even thougher

rollie
10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Rootar
im runnin renthals they hold up good ive only rolled once they are still like new no dings they feel alot better than stockers to alot firmer hold on things and now they have those new twin wall renthals which should be even thougher

:eek: those twin walls are prob unbreak able.....but idk there like $130(plus the 1 1/8 mounts) vs the regualr at $80 so the regualrs will do for me:D

Dust_1503
10-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Yep, renthals are very strong. I bent my stem before i bent my renthals on my blaster. Now on my Ex i have a lonestar stem and renthal bars so i'm sittin pretty for now

400exstud
10-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Lucky u didn't bend your steering stem. My old one is in a "C" and I didn't even bend the bars!!!!!!!!!! Now I have Houser/Tag controls and I don't think it will ever bend. No vibe's either.:D

vinnie
10-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Renthals are the best bet for your $$$. Had mine for a few bad rolls, still in great shape. Don't try to bend the old ones.