PDA

View Full Version : TC Racing or Sparks??

Quad18star
10-04-2004, 10:40 AM
Well I know this is the age old question about exhausts for the YFZ . I've narrowed my 2 main choices down to either the TC or the Sparks . Now I know there has been a lot of talk about the Sparks pipe having previous problems with cracking , but someone has alos told me that the TC has had the same problems ... is there any truth behind this?? How loud are both pipes?? I've heard a TC on a KTM 520 before but never on a YFZ450 . Some people say its way too loud , some say it sounds nice ..... how is it compared to the Sparks sound wise ? Anyone have TRUE db readings on both pipes? I'm at the point where I don't have a clue what kind of exhaust I want anymore . I do plan on racing MX in the future , but I would like to have an all around good pipe . Also does anyone have information on the Fat Boy 4 exhaust from Duncan racing?? They offer a full lifetime guarantee and their pipes come complete with jet kits . I'm not worried about the price on the pipes cuz they are fairly close together . I've always wanted the TC exhaust since I bought my 450 , but now I'm having my doubts that it's going to be TOO loud and I'm going to lose money having to sell it to get another pipe . I need your imput guys . Thanks

Quad18star
10-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Nobody ?? ANybody?? :(

intruder
10-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Look into the HMF Ballance Pro Series Pipe you won't regret it.

EvilJester400EX
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
TC if you want very nice low end power. Yes, it is very loud, I've heard that it's 120db, but I could be wrong.
Sparks if you want nice mid-top.

tcyfz#3
10-04-2004, 07:38 PM
^^^^^^
would have sayed the same thing

JDiablo
10-04-2004, 08:33 PM
i would say TC,but i have heard from a couple of people that it was a 125DB's which is FCKING LOUD!!!!!!!:eek2:

roostin_dale
10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
can't go wrong with either one....i had a hard time choosing between the two but i went with sparks

Just think of it that the TC will give you the most low end and the sparks most mid range. Both of them are loud, but the TC is ear shattering....

YFZ450 Racer88
10-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Ill give u the good news..TC is the best exhaust out thier, personaly and statisticlly. So you cant go wrong with it. Also they sound awesome, very unique and distinctive sound. everyone will know wat exhasut u got on it if u go TC.
Bad News the true Db Rating is 125 DB!!! yes its lound and it does carry but u dont loose and power due to sacrificing backpressure...good thing is tc gives u disc to put on instaed of an open end cap...takes a while to cahnge but lowers the noise level a god amount.
Yes they are know to crack acround the silencer can, but all u have to do is put a bracket to the subframe to lower the silencer no cracking should occur.

Sparks good all around pipe but doesnt compare to TC.. better for recreational and play racing. they crack to but it cant be fixed bcaseu it mounts to both stock mounts the TC mounts to only one
And it has a good tone

ALSO TC DOES NOT OFFER A JET KIT:( So u have to go from scrath
if u do get it call EAST COAST ATV and they will give u exact jettign specs.. dont go by the ones tc gives u their way off

ALSO if u get TC itsa good idea to retard your cam it realy brings out the power of the exhasut

Good Luck Choosing one

TC TC TC Caugh Caugh..... You Wont be dissapointed
I wasnt

Quad18star
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys . I read somewhere that it's almost 50/50 between the amount of guys that run TC and Sparks on the GNC circuit . I'm really leaning towards the TC Exhaust now .... it was my first decision before I ever got a YFZ450 .

YFZ450 Racer88 thanks for your responce ... it was very helpful along with those of Roostin_dale and the others in this thread .

I didn't know TC gave disks to help lower the sound either .... it's another great point . Can you explain a little more about the bracket that helps with the cracking .

It's going to be interesting to see how loud the 450 is going to be , compared to our open header 454 drag car we used to own . :devil: I think it was running about 120 or some odd DBs at idle .

JDiablo
10-06-2004, 01:26 PM
damn 120Db's at idle,that aint to loud:o lol yea right,how about WTFO??

YFZ450 Racer88
10-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Um kinda hard to explain the bracket...lol...just make a bracket that bolts to the subframe so u can lower the position of the exhaust on the subframe.
Thats it in a nutshell..i have pics of it but not digital..lol so they wont help.
hope this helps

YamaWarr0121
10-06-2004, 06:36 PM
YFZ = bout 140 db at full throttle, more so at like 3/4 thats when it really rumbles

165/162 main jet, gytr needle on 2nd clip i believe.. and not s ure on the needle,. thjink stock or a 45..

165 for over 80 162 for under.. maybe got that reversed.. tom will tell you when u get it!:cool:

JDiablo
10-06-2004, 09:07 PM
holy chit a 140 fcking DB"S!!!!:eek2: are you on drugs,that has got to be so freaking loud,i can't imagine how loud that is:eek2: