PDA

View Full Version : Jetting and other questions.

initall
10-04-2004, 08:42 AM
I have a couple questions.

What is the stock jet sizes for both the main and pilot jet?

I have a stock bore 400ex with a high compression piston 11.1
and a big gun race slip on pipe.

I am thinking 152 main and 40 pilot. What do you guys think?

also i was thinking on putting a bigger cam in it, will i have clearance issues with the hi comprssion pistion in it?

What does a rev box do and is it worth it?

thanks.

TRXRacer1
10-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Main - 148
Pilot - 38

Your on the right path but you still should do plug checks to make sure your right.

With an 11:1 you shoud be able to put just about any cam in you want. If you go with a Hotcam then you don't have to worry about anything. There are a lot of good cams but some get rid of your auto decompression, some need spring and retainer kits. It's all about how agressive you want to go.

The rev box is only worth it if you want to extend your RPM range. Most 400ex power curves fall off before a box is worth concidering. If you go with a high RPM cam then it might be usefull.

Hey were are you in WI? I'm near Lake Geneva.

initall
10-04-2004, 09:58 AM
I am in Darien next to Delavan

where do you ride?

i am looking for a good trail cam, with some open flats to ride

TRXRacer1
10-04-2004, 10:25 AM
LOL! I was going to ask you that. I'm accualy in Burlington but I don't have anywere to ride. I go to the badlands in indiana once or twice a year but besides that I'm pretty hard up for palces to go untill winter then I can hit the ice on browns lake. I might be going to dunes at silver lake in michigan in a couple of weeks.

I'm going to do about the same setup you have this winter and plan to go with the stage1 hotcam but I want a mid range machine for trails. If you want more of a top end machine then go with the stage2. Like I said before there are a lot of good cams out there. I hear TC makes some nice ones.

initall
10-04-2004, 11:48 AM
that is cool

We are going planning a trip to the badlands this month. Other than that there is a place in Delavan, i have never been there to ride so i don't know. We havd a mud pit in Darien it can be fun it is okay to ride but only 2 minutes from my house so i can't complain. I am going there on Sunday. let me know if you want to go riding sometime.

I am gonna check out the place in Delavan tomorrow.