PDA

View Full Version : foot of the mountain 10/3

cdrookie
10-04-2004, 04:19 AM
who was there? seemed like more maryland racers than pa racers.

400exvet
10-04-2004, 06:52 AM
we were there! that track was painful! my hands are still leaking! that one rocky hill climb must have been 10 miles straight up. I ended up 2nd in B, and yes there seemed like more dist. 7 riders than dist. 6. There is a group of us dist. 7 B class riders that are in a tight race for the top five in season points. Also the dist 7 vet class guys are fighting for points. I saw Derno there....we all saw derno there. He sort of had problems on the start line. Damn batteries....he said! Hey Derno! that was my pit guy that lent you our battery pak thing when you were stuck on the track. He said you were a hell of a nice guy....especially under those circumstances.
Did anybody get any pictures? I saw some photographers there but who were they? Photoreflect?

Ericthered rdr
10-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Doug I am also nursing some wasted hands. That was one wet/rocky mofo. I saw a bunch of people taking pictures and shooting video. I hope they can get some posted for us! Hey Derno... 400exvet has a Honda for sale that seems to be pretty reliable:blah: Don't feel bad bud I saw a bunch of quads sitting on the side of the trail yesterday I am just glad you were one of them :devil: because I was having a bad first couple of laps until I went numb and started riding fast. I finished 4th in C and was glad to finish! An hour and a half on a stock suspension with no steering stablizer was rough and I am paying for it this morning.

quad_45
10-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, my family races D6, and we no-longer go to Foot of the Mountain. It used to be a awesome track, but then it got played out, not to mention it takes us 3 1/2 hrs plus to get there.

This is kinda out of the subject but I used to get serious blisters until I purchase a pair of Olypia Gel Reflector gloves. They are a street bike glove, but when the leather gets wet, it acts glue and I haven't had a problem with blisters in 2 years. (racing D6 or GNCC's).

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productPagedetailsBrand.asp?ImageName=OL710GBL.JPG&Brand=OLYMPIA&Class2=Gloves>&Class3=Gloves&Class1=